[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: redhotchilipeppersthegetaway.jpg (246KB, 800x734px) Image search: [Google]
redhotchilipeppersthegetaway.jpg
246KB, 800x734px
What went wrong?
>>
>>73010727
when were they right?
>>
Nothing has ever gone right with RHCP. You know your band is shit when your ex-guitarists' drug-addled, death screeching, made-for-junk-money album is more listenable and has more artistic merit than anything he made with you.
>>
>>73010727
nothing
>>
>>73010766
one hot minute
>>
>>73010810
false
>>
>>73010727
RHCP define the newly dubbed mom rock category.
>>
>>73010867
Fleetwood Mac and Van Morrison are mom rock. RHCP are contemporary dad rock.
>>
>>73010867
examples include: blues traveller, dave matthews, muse
>>
>>73010881
gonna need some more opinions. RHCP were on carpool karaoke so def a point in the mom rock category
>>
>>73010924
my mom hates RHCP
>>
>>73010947
My mom has them as a ringtone so to game
>>
>>73010983
Every dad rock kid owns at least one shirt of each of the following: Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Always, no exception.
>>
>>73010727
Not enough little girl thighs.
>>
>>73010890
Muse isn't mom rock yet. Maybe sister rock
>>
>>73010867
Rhcp is kid rock
>>
I'll post the first non meme comment. RHCP are very talented and I hate when they are lumped in with mediocre bands like Green day, Foo Fighters, etc. That being said they have a problem putting way too many songs and ruining their albums.

I saw them live this year and they were fucking incredible. The problem with the album is the drums sound neutered, and the guitar is almost nonexistant. These guys were tearing the stage apart with their jams and on this album the instruments got neutered. Danger Mouse really fucked it up. Dark Necessities and Goodbye Angels were fantastic. The rest was bland. Need a new producer. They are the RED HOT chili peppers, not Coldplay.
>>
>>73011425
your music tastes are a meme then. RHCP have put out one song over many albums and white bread music taste ass normies eat it up. they would be nothign without flea, thats all that needs to be said
>>
>>73011449
>RHCP have put out one song over many albums
what
>>
>>73011449
I have great music taste. Normies like RHCP for their hits. I like their jams, their live performances, actual good songs and energy. I don't know why /mu/ praises crap like Nirvana and Weezer. Rhcp make more interesting music.
>>
>>73011425
This is a bad post.

>>73011449
This is also a bad post. RHCP were still nothing with Flea. RHCP didn't become something until John Frusciante entered, and become nothing once more when he left.
>>
>>73011493
all their songs are the same. its just one song and they add some different lyrics and change it just enough and call it new. Its like they are trying to avoid copyright infringement on themselves
>>
>>73010785
I'm convinced most people on this board haven't listened to RHCP outside of their singles. Which is funny because there's lots of "mainstream" alternative rock bands that have a much better standing on this board that are imo of much lesser quality. I don't understand why /mu/ holds such contempt for the band but I have a feeling it has to do with Anthony Kiedis being an egotist (which is silly because that's a common trope in rock music) and the fact that they probably were force fed their hits on the radio when they were kids so they grew sick of them early on.
>>
>>73011538
Have you actually listened to them? I'm not talking about the mainstream California garbage. I mean their first 6 albums. It's like judging Radiohead over Creep and Karma Police.
>>
People who hate RHCP are the biggest of nu-male, limp wristed hipster worshipping faggotry. I don't think they're the best shit ever but to deny how incredibley well crafted albums like Blood Sugar Sex Magik, One Hot Minute or even Californication are is pure contrarianism.
>>
i'm listening to bssm right now and as a bass player im creaming my pants over how the lines are complementing drums and frusciante's guitar.

don't like kiedis at all.

uplift mofo party plan was the real rhcp, too bad slovak died

love you flea
>>
>>73011621
loving RHCP is the safest, most boring white bro marker in music taste. it says i am boring and enjoy guns and roses, acdc, and led zeppelin
>>
>>73011621
what about people who just hate anthony kiedis
>>
>>73011676
How about people like those bands because they actually make good music? Hell I don't even like Guns n Roses at all but I don't think they're shit. How about you actually enjoy music for the sake of enjoying music and not because of how it makes you look to your peers? The fact that you treat music like a fashion accessory means you're automatically a bigger pleb than I.
>>
>>73011694
That's understandable but 1) He's not an incompetent musician in the sense that he totally ruins the music the other band members create and 2) most rockstars tend to be assholes and many which are /mu/ already likes so the hate directed at kiedis seems a little disproportionate to me. Also what happened to separating the artist from the music?
>>
File: RHCP_Fan.jpg (55KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
RHCP_Fan.jpg
55KB, 600x563px
>>73011726
>white bread self conscious about liking RHCP
>>
>>73011592
Judging Radiohead over Karma Police would make them a pretty fucking solid band. Judging RHCP over Californication or that "can't stop bew bew bew shindig" song would make them comparable to a middle school garage act.

>>73011726
>>73011621
Or you can just accept the fact that you happen to like a pretty shit band.
>>
>>73011785
That doesn't make sense and once again you're just proving my point.
>>
>>73011775
i really love RHCP for nearly everything in their catalogue (and if this thread is to be believed, i strangely do not enjoy AC/DC, Led Zeppelin or Guns N' Roses) but i think i phrased myself incorrectly when i said "i hate anthony kieids", what i really meant was "i hate anthony kiedis' voice and the things he does during live shows"
>>
>>73011676
Safe? Lol. Their first 6 albums are less pleb than most albums discussed on here. Tell me that True Men Don't Kill Coyotes sounds pleb or Stone Cold Bush or Mellowship Slinky or Transcending. They have tight grooves and their instrumentation is phenomenal. Don't lump rhcp with that generic dad rock like AC DC or GnR.
>>
>>73011830
liking RHCP is about as spicy and flavorful music opinion as white bread is. or milk toast as my grandma would say.
>>
>>73011808
I can accept that fact that you don't like them but by no objective measure does it make sense to call them shit when by every metric they produce worthwhile, memorable music (or at least used to). Besides I don't take this boards opinions very seriously when it comes to music since most people here seem to be incredibly pretentious and superficial in how they approach music.
>>
>>73011855
>bread-core
>>
>>73011862
Coming from the same board that thinks Weezer isn't pleb. Who gives a shit about what rhcp made in the last 17 years. I'm talking about 83- 95. Yes. I listen to all the /mu/ core. Rhcp is pretty damn good.
>>
>>73011862
>milk toast
thats not the expression anon
>>
>>73011862
But maybe that's entirely meaningless to me because I don't use my music taste as a fashion accessory due to my own insecurities about what other people think of me? You're way to fixated on how things make you appear instead of how you actually feel. Again, I'm not trying to convince you to like anything, I just think you're a stupid hipster faggot who thinks he's superior to everyone else because he listens to music that seems cool.
>>
>>73011930
milquetoast. m'bad
>>
>>73011855
yeah but if we're being honest a lot of it can only not be considered pleb because kiedis couldn't sing for most of that period. but even if kiedis was able to sing when mother's milk came out it wouldn't be pleb because of john and chad's stuff that had been added.
>>
File: whitebread.jpg (78KB, 550x368px) Image search: [Google]
whitebread.jpg
78KB, 550x368px
>>73011944
music taste says a lot about a person. same with art, literature tastes. no need for butthurt
>>
File: KillerWhiteBread.jpg (398KB, 1000x1372px) Image search: [Google]
KillerWhiteBread.jpg
398KB, 1000x1372px
>>73011923
83-95 killer white bread
>>
>>73010881
You can only get away with saying this because no one on this board's given Van a chance
>>
>>73010727
Their best album since Californication.

>>73011676
What if i like RHCP but also enjoy stuff like Autechre, Can and Death In June?
>>
File: spicier white bread.jpg (84KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
spicier white bread.jpg
84KB, 700x700px
>>73012126
you like your white bread with a litle bit of spice.
>>
>>73012075
I don't understand how rhcp (played underground funk metal bubbling underneath the billboard hot 200) is white bread when people on this board circle jerk some of the blandest pleb rock and rap. Makes me cringe. Too many plebs on this board.
>>
>>73012097
Astral Weeks is pretty well-regarded on this board.
>>
>>73010727
To answer your question, production. It's always been a problem with them since after Blood Sugar Sex Magik; it just hasn't been good. While I appreciate the experimentalism by picking Danger Mouse to produce it instead of Rick Rubin, they need to get a guy who would be a good fit for their sound.

Also, Flea and Josh still haven't learned how to play off of each other as well as they need to, despite Josh being in the band for about 7 or 8 years now.

As for the stuff about RHCP being dad rock, I disagree. The singles are the most overplayed thing on any 90s rock station behind Nirvana and Pearljam, but the stuff on the albums that tend to never be played on the radio are really good.

also fuck dani california it's their worst song i swear to god just behind can't stop
>>
>>73012002
I agree, which is why you are a pleb. And if not, prove me wrong.
>>
File: BreadSandwhich.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
BreadSandwhich.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>73012183
>>
>>73012251
One Hot Minute had pretty good production desu.
>>
>>73012293
you're right i forgot that it sounds really good with the sound they were shooting for with dave

aside from the vocals on warped
>>
File: RHCP jewelry.jpg (39KB, 553x412px) Image search: [Google]
RHCP jewelry.jpg
39KB, 553x412px
>>73012280
Some cool charms to show your cool RHCP support
>>
>>73012369
nu-male detected
>>
>>73010867
>i've only heard 5 of their songs

Also Mom Rock has been around for ages.
>>
>>73012531
>nnnnu mmale not liking Bread Hot Chili Peppers
so butt hurt. i prefer my music gluten free
>>
>>73012546
What is mom rock, and how is it different from dad rock? I'm out of the loop
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4fUsQbQUI
blood sex sugar magic with only john and fleas tracks. easily better than anything with anthony on it
>>
File: BHCP.jpg (268KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
BHCP.jpg
268KB, 1300x1300px
>>73012531
>>
>>73012592
it's bands who received a lot of radio airplay in your parent's youths and they still enjoy them to this day

honestly i don't really agree with the notion that RHCP is mom or dad rock but if anything they're closer to dad (aside from under the bridge)
>>
This band died for me the day Frusciante left. I don't even bother to listen to the new songs.
>>
>>73012699
some of them are alright? nothing really up to snuff aside from dark necessities but it's notably un-frusciante like
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.