[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help; rapidly losing interest in music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1449175240570.jpg (56KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
1449175240570.jpg
56KB, 356x374px
I used to listen to music for hours on end. Used to have a constant compulsion to create something, no matter how rudimentary or shitty. Used to play guitar so much I built huge calluses on my fingertips.

Now I rarely listen to music at all, haven't even felt a slight urge to create anything and my guitars are covered in dust and my fingers have gone back to relative softness. Can't be bothered anymore.

What do you do when this happens to you? What can I do to regain interest in music again? Is there something I can do or should I just sell everything and give up? I don't care anymore. Was it all just a really long phase? Is this what it's like to be a grown-up? Nothing's interesting anymore. It's been like this for about two years now.
>>
You sound depressed. Suicide is always an option! Maybe your best option, actually.
>>
Your missing God in your life. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

Time for a change my friend.
>>
>>73010307
I'm not really depressed. It's not like I'm falling apart at the seams, trying my best not to bawl my eyes out in the middle of a supermarket or anything.

I just don't care about anything anymore. Nothing's interesting. I'm not sad, just disinterested and bored all the time.
>>
Go on a retreat. Become one with nature.

Become vegan. Meditate. Go for walks in the forest.

Not only will you live happier, but you will live longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlpHw4OwyNQ
>>
>>73010273
Start listening to this new soul resurgence. The stuff is legit amazing.

https://soundcloud.com/lophiile/changes

https://soundcloud.com/sminoworld/anita

https://soundcloud.com/eliihpol/sets/sweet-city-skyline-vaporwave-ep

This stuff got me out of my rut today.
>>
>>73010273
Give up.
>>
>>73010379
This is literally one of the major symptoms of depression. I began experincing this sense of apathy in highschool and five years later I'm afraid of going back to sleep because I might see another nighmare. Dreaming for me used to be an escape from the chains of reality but now it's merely an other entrance to hell.
This is only the first stage of your ordeal but the most dangerous one because it almost always goes unnoticed, so take action because it's too late. Take care of yourself, nobody else will bother no matter what they say this moment.
>>
>>73010273
stop masturbating
>>
>>73010734
What should I do, then? Antidepressants?
>>
Take a genre you have hated/disliked in the past and listen to it. As far as depression goes, I have no idea; if I didn't have music, I'd probably kill myself
>>
>>73010273
>It's been like this for about two years now.
>rapidly

maybe you just have a really slow internal sense of speed and need to listen to slow moving drone
>>
>>73010379
fall in love w/ someone
>>
>>73010273
don't force anything

just take your time

interests come and go

there's been periods of my life when I haven't listened to music for weeks on end

there's been times when I haven't written anything for multiple years

it's pretty natural, really no use agonizing over it
>>
>>73011541
I would recommend to chainge your lifestyle drastically and that includes more exercise, better sleep schedule, searching for different hobbies, spending minimal time infront of a screen, pressuring yourself into spending more time with friends. Consider visiting a psychologist if the above don't work but be suspicious of meds and try to find different approaches to the problem together.
In the end taking antidepressants should be the final step if nothing else is working, not an instant ticket to uncertaintly.
>>
>>73011853
i would recommend something similar to this. I'm not sure if you're actually depressed but you are probably in a rut with things going on in your life. This happens to everyone sometimes. Try doing new things, exercise, learn something new, go on hikes or walks.
You've just got too comfortable with everything. Music will always be there for if and when you want to go back to it.
>>
Don't be afraid of letting go of attachments
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.