[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Simpleton arguments about music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1420392390293.png (45KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
1420392390293.png
45KB, 209x204px
>i don't like this artist's voice, therefore I don't like the music

(pic unrelated by the way)
>>
>>73008848
THE FACT THAY
>>
>>73009269
YER MUM
>>
>Music is subjective
>>
>>73008848
That doesn't sound like an argument, you may have aspergers.
>>
>>73009301
they always say this when you call them out on shit taste
every
fucking
time
>>
That's a valid reason to not like something though. If you hate cauliflower and an expert chef hands you a 10/10 meal with cauliflower in it then you're not going to enjoy it. Not the same as saying it's objectively bad.
>>
File: albert_williams.jpg (27KB, 597x409px) Image search: [Google]
albert_williams.jpg
27KB, 597x409px
>>73009362
/v/ tier argument right here
>>
>>73009362
sorry bruh, personal taste is irrelephant and the sign of a pleb. how an artist/song conforms to music theory is all that matters
>>
>>73008848
>(pic unrelated by the way)
But didn't Scaruffi called Björk overrated because of her voice?
>>
>>73009411
So there's nothing you like simply because it caters to your personal taste? You don't have a "weak spot" for music that does this thing or that thing?
>>
>>73009413
Yeah, but also put her #9 in the "Greatest rock female singers of all times"
>>
>>73009499
on I don't put any stock in music theory at all, I guess I should have prefaced my post with a meme arrow. listen to what you like and fuck judgy mcjudgerson
>>
>>73009362
>food analogies
>>73009411
>music theory

Both of you kys
>>
>>73009314
>shit taste
taste is a meme
>>
>>73009750
>taste is a meme
meme is a meme
>>
>if top 40 is so simple, write a top 40 song right now and get famous
>>
>>73009962

They're not wrong.

It's just different ways to create sounds that people enjoy listening to.

If you can wrote a stupid melody that gets the masses into it the first time they hear it, that is also a skill.
>>
ITT: I don't know how to counter this argument so I'm just going to call it stupid and hopefully everyone will agree
>>
>>73010749
doesn't mean it's not simple music
>>
>>73009301
>>73009314
>Music is subjective.
>No, of course I would never listen to [insert trash here]!

It's not just that they think taste is subjective, but they also think that their taste is better than someone else's. If you will listen to U2 but not Slipknot, or whatever, maybe you want to think for a minute and tell me why you think one is better than another?

And it's always pleb shit like U2.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.