[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : /mu/ Trivia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Cornell.jpg (139KB, 686x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cornell.jpg
139KB, 686x1000px
Did you know that Cornell once commented on the university of the same name, saying it was interesting it had the most suicides of any college?
>>
>le suicide man everyone suddenly cared about

I don't think I ever saw his name or bands discussed on here ever until he died
>>
>>73008398

No shit. His fans felt betrayed by all that pop shit in his later years. Its hard to tell who Cornell is because there is a huge difference in spirit between Soundgarden and his solo works.
>>
>>73008398
Are you fucking serious?
I've been browsing this board for over 8 years and I can personally fucking show you /mu/ essentials charts with Soundgarden albums all over them.
Maybe not any Audioslave but that's besides the point newfag.
>>
>>73008398
How's your first day on /mu/?

Anyway a lot of people were pissed off at Scream, because it was a fucking disgrace. When Higher Truth and Songbook were release there were definitely regular threads.
>>
>>73008398
>>73008459
and aside from this chart, Soundgarden was one of the most influential rock acts of the 90's, so why the hell would they never be talked about on /mu/
>>
>>73008398

But we always loved him
>>
File: cvf7.png (164KB, 490x374px) Image search: [Google]
cvf7.png
164KB, 490x374px
>>73008240
>>
>>73008443
>His fans felt betrayed by all that pop shit in his later years.
That only really happened with Scream, the straight-up pop album he made with Timbaland. Most of his other solo output was decent and didn't get much hate.
>>
>>73010210

ya too bad he didnt kill himself before making this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pcWbnQDMD0
>>
>>73011664
see
>>73011361
>>
>>73008443
He wasn't talked about here because Soundgarden and Audioslave were both massively successful mainstream bands. They actually would come up in Grunge related threads but rarely a whole thread dedicated to Cornell or one of his bands.

Also as for "all that pop shit in his later years" he only did one "Pop" album and while it was genuinely shit at least he got back with Soundgarden only months after it came out so he can be forgiven for that. All of his other solo albums range from "meh" to pretty good.
>>
>>73011664
I really like this song
>>
>>73011664
That beat is truly one of the most disgusting sounding things I have ever heard.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.