[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: revolver.jpg (380KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
revolver.jpg
380KB, 1220x1220px
Why do so many /mu/fags consider Revolver the best Beatles album? I mean it's great because it's The Beatles but it's not their best album. Not even top 5.

Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band > Magical Mystery Tour > White Album > Abbey Road > Rubber Soul > Revolver.
>>
>>72992715
My top 5 Beatles goes like this:

1. White Album
2. Rubber Soul
3. Revolver
4. Let It Be
5. Sgt. Peppers

with my sixth being Abbey Road
and my seventh being Magical Mystery
>>
For me (today):
1. Sgt.
2. White
3. Revolver
4. Abber Road
5. Let it Be
>>
>Best
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

>Worst
Beatles for Sale

>Overrated
Let It Be

>Underrated
Help!
>>
I'd say
1. Revolver
2. White Album
3. Abbey Road
4. Rubber Soul
5. Sgt Pepper's
Sgt Pepper's doesn't live up to the hype. Within You Without You drags on too long, When I'm 64 is one of Paul's silliest silly love songs, and the psychedelic 60's crap didn't age well.
>>
>Best
Abbey Road

>Worst
One of their first 3 where its mostly just covers. Not bad i don't think just not really anything notable.

>Overrated
Revolver, Rubber Soul (still great just not their best)

>Underrated
Magical Mystery Tour
>>
>>72993429
THIS

Beatles For Sale sucks. Let It Be is good but not too god. Help is great, I love Ticket To Ride and Act Naturally. Sgt Peppers is a classic.
>>
>>72993429

>Let It Be
>overrated

lolwut
>>
>>72993429
>Overrated
>Let It Be
In what fucking universe? People shit on that album all the time, and it kind of deserves a bit of it, but it is by no means overrated.
>>
>>72993479
Let It Be Naked is the way to go.
>>
>>72992904
Why don't people understand that white album is best?
>>
>>72993478
Act Naturally is a great song but it's a cover
>>
>>72993510
cause it feels like 3 solo albums put together under the 1 name and theres a lot of shit songs on it like glass onion, honey pie etc
>>
rubber soul is their best album and anyone who disagrees is a giant turd
>>
>>72993528
You obviously don't know what you're saying
>>
>>72993510
Because it's the most not-classic-beatles sounding album. It's too..."adult".
>>
>>72992715
"Best Beatles album" is an impossible question to answer because everything they did beginning with Rubber Soul was brilliant. They're all equally valid contenders.

I'd imagine Revolver is so popular on this board because it's a fairly experimental album, but it's not indulgent - most songs have relatively minimal arrangements and none of them exceed the three minute mark. A lot of /mu/tants (myself included) love music that is simple and melodic but at the same time unconventional and daring.

And though it feels cohesive, it's actually quite varied - a capella harmonies, psychedelic sitar shit, energetic rockers, old-fashioned melancholy, and joyful pop songs all in thirty five minutes. It was the point where the Beatles completed their transition from pop idols to pop innovators.

Anyways, for what it's worth, my top five are probably:

1) Abbey Road
2) Revolver
3) The White Album
4) Sgt. Peppers
5) Let it Be
>>
>>72993510
>>72993590
I love the White Album but it is way too long and drags in parts. A few songs could've been removed and a single disc would've worked better.
>>
File: mccartney.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mccartney.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
>>72992715
Revolver is great for its continuity. It sounds great cover to cover.

1. Magical Mystery Tour
2. white album
3. Revolver
4. Help!
5. Abbey Road
6. Let It Be ... Naked
7. A Hard Day's Night
8. Rubber Soul
9. Sgt. Peppers
10. With The Beatles
11. Please Please Me
12. Beatles For Sale
>>
>>72993569
Mate, at least 1/4 of the white album is complete trash.
>>
>>72993655
The only song I don't like on the white album is "goodnight" because it ends.

Each song compliments each other.
>>
>>72992715
Revolver>>>>>>>Abbey Road>White Album>Sgt Pepper=Rubber Soul>MMT>>>>>>>>>>>>Let it Be>>>>>>>>>>>>Yellow Submarine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pre-Rubber Soul Rubbish
>>
>>72993750
But AHDN came before Rubber Soul...
>>
Sgt Peppers, White Album, and Abbey Road really lay on the experimentation meanwhile Rubber Soul doesn't have enough of it. For most people, that really just leaves Revolver as the easiest acclaimed record of theirs to digest. Personally for me, Revolver got me into the Beatles, but Sgt. Peppers these days is the only thing I would listen to if I want Beatles.
>>
>>72993711
>Glass Onion
>Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
>Wild Honey Pie
>Piggies
>Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
>Birthday
>Honey Pie
>Savoy Truffle
>Revolution 9 (inb4 pleb, this shit goes on like 3x longer than it needed and it doesnt really do anything that impressive anyway)
All complete shit
>>
>>72993827
Those songs are all good, especially ob-la-di, ob -la-da.

>doesn't like piggies
>the song that charles manson liked
>>
>>72993750
you forgot about HELP
>>
>>72995133
>>72993777
>pre-Rubber Soul Rubbish
>>
Revolver is for sure better than Rubber Soul
>>
>>72993862
>le Charles manson meme
Get the fuck off /mu/
>>
>>72995207
How about YOU get the fuck off /mu/ ?

Piece of shit.
>>
>>72992715
>not even top 5
things plebs say
Revolver is their best because it marries the pop songwriting with their most adventurous and successful risk taking more successfully than any other record:

Rubber Soul doesn't quite commit all the way to it and ends up dragging in the middle.

Sgt. Pepper gets too elf indulgent with songs like She's Leaving Home and especially Within You Without You (and also is stupidly missing Strawberry Fields Forever).

Magical Mystery Tour is just worse Sgt. Pepper's

White Album is as adventurous as they ever got but suffers from a poorly compiled track-list. Half the ideas on that record shouldn't have ever made it onto the record.

Let it Be is pretty good, but was split with Abbey Road for good songs and therefore has some of the more indulgent ballads on it.

Abbey Road is genuinely terrible, with the ending suite and Because being the only redeemable moments. This was the absolute low of George's songwriting as well.
>>
>>72993711
Not even remotely true. It's almost random in how it jumps from genre to genre, idea to idea.

Some people like that in their records, I've no idea why.
>>
>>72995288
nailed it
>>
>>72992715
Revolver has some of the Beatles' highest highs: Eleanor Rigby, For No One, HT&E, I Want to Tell You, and Tomorrow Never Knows
But it also has Taxman, Yellow Submarine, Got To Get You Into My Life, and Good Day Sunshine, none of which re bad, but pale in comparison to everything else.
It's actually a pretty inconsistent record imo
>>
>>72995464
>Taxman, Yellow Submarine, Got To Get You Into My Life, and Good Day Sunshine, none of which re bad, but pale in comparison to everything else
Not even remotely true. Got to Get You Into My Life is the perfect pop song for where it is on the record, right near the end, Taxman is their best opener by a country mile, Good Day Sunshine is short and fun, and only
>lol literally who is Ringo
fags thin Yellow Submarine is bad

The difference in quality between those and the rest of the songs you mentioned is non existent- they're all 8+/10.

In fact the only one that wears on me a little bit is Eleanor Rigby just for being slightly overplayed and over-emulated by other artists. Hell, even the Beatles made like 4 songs that felt like it on White Album.
>>
1a. White Album
1b. Revolver
3. Abbey Road
4. Magical Mystery Tour
5. Rubber Soul
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 774x231px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 774x231px
Based on lastfm stats this is mine. White Album might be my favorite ever for any band
>>
Can someone explain why rubber soul is your favorite ?
>>
>>72995740
Not my favorite, but it's their most consistent album. It's the only one that, while being highly experimental, keeps the same style for every song. It's also what defined their style.
>>
>>72995740
It's like the perfect crossroads of what came before and what came after. Not my favorite but top5 certainly.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.