[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come every musician becomes the GOAT when they start doing heroin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

How come every musician becomes the GOAT when they start doing heroin?
>>
>>72990775
explain diiv then
>>
>>72990775
because you fetishize mental illness and addiction to make the music seem more Tragic and Tortured
>>
>>72990799
Is the Is Are is better than Oshin.
>>
>>72990821
>Jazz guys
>grunge guys

All took heroin, all the GOATS.

>rap guys
>indie guys

No heroin, all the WOATS

Cant explain that
>>
>>72990857
the guy from divv took h tho and other indie bands ones took the stuff but on the dl
>>
seriously though, I hope no one actually believes this. the truth is almost no heroin addicts are good at music.
>>
>>72990775
When people use pain as their muse to make their art, often times very truthful, very sad, and very real music gets made. Music with an edge that's palpable.
>>
>>72990775
Drugs make people sad, and sadness leads to great music.
>>
Huge contrasts of extreme mania and depression are just full of great ideas for art. Its about playing as if you experienced everyones life story vicariously.
>>
>>72990857
The Strokes did heroin.
>>
>>72990775
Nah, man you need some amount of talent and potential.
Take drugs to elevate them.
>>
>>72992371
This desu.
>>
hey look everyone itt is doing what I predicted in the second post
>>
>>72990775
I still feel bad for Layne. He had probably the most tragic and saddest end to his life of any rock star ever. While ultimately it was his fault for getting hooked on drugs in the first place I wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone.
>>
>>72992440
I'm not.
>>72992371
>>
>>72992469
How about Mike Starr? He had to live with the guilt of "abandoning" Layne the day before he died, and then eventually died from an overdose too.
>>
>>72992360
No he didn't. Casablancas was from the very start a privileged rich boy imitating old garage and post punk acts who were poor. I doubt he ever had the balls to do H
>>
>>72992555
They did. especially AHJ.
>>
>>72992469
>>72992544
I guess there is really no point in comparing the two. Both were tragic.
>>
>>72992599
you really believe that shitty article from the vulture lmao?
>>
>>72990830
>DIIV is actually pretty g-
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>72990857
I don't think you know what GOAT means.
>>
>>72990799
they're pretty good live tho, halfway through their shows they start sounding like the cure circa 1979 and that ain't a bad way to sound
>>
>>72992619
>DIIV
>a reddit band

Maybe you should go back?
>>
File: omd.jpg (35KB, 480x360px)
omd.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>72992748
>>72992619
i don't think this anon was implying that DIIV was a reddit band
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.