[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy Shit I thought all his shit sounded like Far Side Virtual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (289KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
289KB, 800x800px
Holy Shit

I thought all his shit sounded like Far Side Virtual
>>
the vast majority of his catalogue sounds nothing like far side virtual
>>
FSV, parts of HS3, and Condopets are literally the only ones that sound like that
>>
>>72989311
>>72989349
So why does FSV have 1500 ratings on RYM when it's shit in comparison to this jesus
>>
>>72989469
Because FSV got swept up in the vaporwave hysteria in 2012 by all the "cool" websites like Wire and TMT
>>
>>72989469
The Wire Album Of The Year 2011

also because it's a seriously clever album and a milestone in the development of vaporwave. way better than skid row which is pretty all-over-the-place conceptually imo

(check out NYC, Hell 3AM)
>>
>>72989469
Because FSV invented vaporwave

Skid Row is superior but it didn't help invent a whole genre
>>
>>72989170
REMEMBER YESTERDAY
>>
>>72989506
yeah there's no way that it's better than his whole discography though.
>>
>>72989697
it got the most attention because it came out during vaporwave craze that's why its most popular not because of quality

james did some shit with mac demarco but mac's retard 15 year old fans weren't into it so we won't get to hear it that could've been his big break
>>
>>72989736
>james did some shit with mac demarco but mac's retard 15 year old fans weren't into it so we won't get to hear it that could've been his big break
nah he doesn't want a big break. maybe just funding for his projects. used to stalk his fb before he made most of it private. used to post about art how kids and vaporwave kids copying his new age/vaporwave stuff yrs later.
>>72989469
his stuff is challenging art not everybody likes that
>>
met james last week and he was p cool
>>
Didn't he drop something recently? Not the Boston Marathon EP but something else on YT? I saw it on here and was going to listen to it later but I forget what he released it under.
>>
>he will never make music like Nightdolls again
>>
>>72989890
yeah i figure

doesn't seem like the mainstream kinda guy.

people still copy his aesthetic/vaporwave style circa 2011 to this day. they're all hacks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.