[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has it been holding up for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

How has it been holding up for you?
>>
if he hadn't just come off TPAB this shit would've been hailed as a 9 or 10 but everyone needs to see it in that context so they underrate it

also people dont give a fuck about anything in art right now... s'how it feels
>>
Better, ever since I stopped listening to that album.
>>
Future classic
>>
>>72988300
well when you listen to an album like 4-5 times a day every day from the second it releases after about a month you kind of don't want to listen to it but i'll come back to it and i know every detail on it.
>>
>>72988249
it's aging real nicely. i'm more into it than i was when it first dropped
>>
>>72988310
>>
>>72988249
DNA is still the the only good track. Frankly it's his worse album.
>>
I can't help but feel cheated. After the breath of fresh air that was TPAB, how did he get away with releasing all this trite, overdone garbage like HUMBLE. and LOVE.? Even DNA., the one track everybody loves, sounds terribly bland. At least DUCKWORTH. and FEAR. were alright. Otherwise, it's forgettable and so, so boring. 5/10
>>
>>72988249
Its a fun album, but not a great album

Most definitely his worst album, and potentially one of the most overrated albums of the decade
>>
>>72988310
GKMC is a future classic, arguably TPAB too even though it wasn't as popular in the Mainstream. DAMN is not. 20 years from now, when someone looks back and wants to listen to some Kendrick, you think DAMN is the album they're going to play?
>>
>>72988249
Good album. I know it's a meme to hate DAMN since melon reviewed it, but I like it. Not as good as TPAB though.
>>
>>72988249
Compared to most LPs being put out, it's quite good. There's some really good tracks (PRIDE, DUCKWORTH, FEAR) and some garbage there. LOVE is like that Miguel track from Q's album, just there for the radio.

And >>72988294 has got it right. TPAB just set the bar too high. Even pic related was much better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>72988822
>Plenty of people on mu calling it around a 6 or 7 after it released
>Plenty of people even on leddit being disappointed enough to want a second album release right after
Its not just because of melon.
>>
it's a pretty good album but nowhere near TPAB or GKMC quality-wise
>>
>>72988838
UU was great, I think I might even like it more than TPAB, just because Untitled 1, 2 and 5 are so good
>>
>>72988915
I love it, too. I used to never listen to untitled 1 and would just listen from 2 onwards. Played it from the beginning this week and realized what a fucking idiot I've been. And any track with Anna Wise is almost guaranteed to be great.
>>
It's just sub-take care pop rap
>>
it's better than TPAB
then again so is GKMC
>>
>>72988877
It's completely because of melon. And I think his gripes with the album weren't fair at all. It's not as good as gkmc or tpab but kendricks bar is set very highly, so even one of his weakest records (still better than s.80 imo) is far better than your average rap record. But I think fantano was way too focused on the semantic content and taking everything he said completely literally and I don't think that's what Kendrick meant at all. And hating "love" is completely a meme. It's infectiously catchy and a refreshing tune on a pretty depressing album throughout.
>>
>>72988249
I wish I owned a copy, I really liked it
>>
>>72989122
>it's better than TPAB
agreed
>>
>>72988249
anyone get their LP in the mail yet?
>>
>>72989280
Don't want to sound like a prick, but I think you're vastly overestimating how many people give a shit about what some guy on youtube says.
>>
>>72989377
that applies to everywhere but these communities, friend-o
>>
>>72989377
Nah m8 I think you're underestimating it. The fact that he needs to release a video reminding people to not just like/hate things because he does further emphasizes that. Even on here. Death grips releases new music and people are posting about how fantano must be feeling.
>>
>>72988249
Every time I listen to it it grows on me even more.
I think it's better than Section 80, but it doesn't hit the same highs as GKMC or TPAB
>>
>>72989448
By which I mean there weren't any moments on DAMN that floored me like How Much a Dollar Cost or Sing About Me.
>>
>>72989392
Fair point.

>>72989420
I know he's well known enough for artists to be tweeting about him (Wale and Vince just recently). If he actually had to remind people to have their own opinion, that's some other shit. I just don't get it.
>>
>>72989420
It's the lamest shit ever though, he has average as fuck taste and never gives anything like a good reason to back up what he says. Plus he is a very cringey dude.
>>
I like DNA, FEAR, DUCKWORTH, LUST, FEEL, and PRIDE a lot. HUMBLE and ELEMENT are alright. I dislike LOVE and GOD
>>
>>72989530
I respect his opinion, considering his entire career revolves around absorbing music, but I often question why I should in the first place. Like what are his qualifications? Does he even know about theory/making music? I'm not saying however that his opinion would bear more fruit in that case, I'm just alluding to the fact that instead of writing reviews he projects them in an easily digestible format, which sets him apart from other reviewers.
>>
>>72989635
Exactly, i think you end up with this vicious circle. People think they should respect him because so many people watch his videos, but that's the only reason, that he's popular. I think the fact that he leans in to the whole meme, /mu/ thing helps him a lot as well, which is pathetic to see from a 30 something year old bald man.
>>
>>72989122
this
>>
>>72988249
It's so god damn hit or miss, there are several songs on this that are fucking amazing but the lows are really bad.
>>
File: 1469500554259.png (77KB, 251x196px) Image search: [Google]
1469500554259.png
77KB, 251x196px
>>72988330
I guess technically it is aging but can we really ask whether it's holding up after a little over a month? Ask me in 2 years.
>>
File: 1349746175549.jpg (53KB, 297x333px) Image search: [Google]
1349746175549.jpg
53KB, 297x333px
>claims it is better than TPaB
>with garbage like love and god

u niggas srs? I like the album but this is a step down from just about everything else he has done
>>
>>72989978
>implying TPAB didn't have any shitty songs
>>
>>72991312
You got a point,For Sale still strikes me as somewhat stupid regarding the context fo the album.

Anyways DAMN's lows are just lazyness or trying to get radio appeal,
Plus the album never gains the momentum DNA gave us,maybe it recovers with the Pride/Humble/Lust combo,but still feels dull to listen all throughout.
>>
>>72991312

Yes im implying that every song on the album is good to great.

I like damn, i just dont see it anywhere near his other albums, which are more coherent and consistent
>>
>>72988249
Its THAT album.

You know, like Street's Disciple or Graduation or Blueprint 2 or every Wu Tang album after 36 Chambers.

That album that, while not bad, is a definite pause between the artist's magnum opus and another critically acclaimed album.

Its held up ok but the trap shit on UU was better designed musically and lyrically.
>>
>>72989448
>>72989122
>>72989280

>DAMN better than S80 or TPAB

All opinions take between 4-7 business days to process and approve. Please be patient during this process.
>>
>>72989900
digits of truth.
>>
I love the old new York style hip hop. I tuned to this guy cuz I heard so much.

I can't help but think this guy is overrated. Am I missing something guys? Or is it that mainstream hip hop is trash now?
>>
Got home and felt the need to blast XXX
>>
I enjoyed it a lot, has a strong replay factor to it
>>
>>72988406
This t b h.
I haven't listened to it since it first came out, loved his earlier stuff but for some reason his voice is really grating to me on this record.
>>
>>72995912
>Or is it that mainstream hip hop is trash now?

pretty much this.
>>
good as shit
>>
>>72988249
*deletes ELEMENT, LOYALTY, LOVE, HUMBLE and GOD*
*keeps YAH but skips it every time*

It's good that way.
>>
>>72997375
I thought I was the only one who thought his voice changed on this album. Why is that? Sometimes he sounds like I'm not listening to Kendrick.
>>
File: 1495410877946.jpg (106KB, 640x614px) Image search: [Google]
1495410877946.jpg
106KB, 640x614px
>>72988249
I just can't get into DAMN. I really love Humble, but I don't find myself coming back to any of the other tracks.
>>
>>72988345
Its only been a month
>>
>>72989377
He's got a million subscribers name a more famous music reviewer
>>
>>72997408
>2017
>not slapping a pussy ass nigga and making it look sexy
>>
The only songs I can see myself coming back for are XXX, Fear, Lust, and Duckworth
>>
Who's out here bumpin XXX, especially the siren part
>>
File: 1491935686045.png (473KB, 768x696px) Image search: [Google]
1491935686045.png
473KB, 768x696px
>>72996320
yeah I'd rather listen to danny brown that this album too
>>
the songs bang in the whip
>>
especially the last part of DNA
NIGGGA
>>
>>72998902
GIMME SOME GANJA
>>
>>72998931
GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME
>>
Can someone explain why he included a hype man? Shit is annoyingly corny
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.