[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do kids listen to nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Blackparadecover.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blackparadecover.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
I know a lot of us are young enough to remember when every 12-14 year old listen to My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Linkin Park, Fallout Boy and Dragonforce and general buttrock but are these artists still listened to by that demographic?

I know when I was 13, these guys, Wu Tang, Micheal Jaskson, Nirvana, Kanye, 50 Cent, Eminem, Yellowcard, Blink 182, Alice in Chains, Justice, Soundgarden, Daft Punk and Lady Gaga were my shit.
>>
http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100
Top 40 on this list
>>
>>72987704
If you're an adult, why do you care what stupid kids listen to?
Are you a pedophile or something?
>>
>>72987740
it's perfectly normal to be curious anon
>>
>>72987740
Curiosity. I'm barely a man, I'm 19.
>>72987726
This isn't exclusive to teens, my man.
>>
twenty one pilots
harry styles
mac demarco
the chainsmokers

t. my niece
>>
believe it or not nu-metal is held in pretty high regard. also sound cloud rap. I'm sure that answer disappoints you.

But this is coming from someone who hangs out with normie 16-20 year olds, not people who are actually into music.
>>
>>72987704
Like any era different kids listen to different stuff, some like poppy stuff like the Chainsmokers, my niece is a metalcore edgelord
>>
>>72987704

I'm 27 and still listen to Paramore. Their new album is pretty solid and relatable at this age.
>>
>>72987843
>I'm sure that answer disappoints you
What makes you say that?
>coming from someone who hangs out with normie 16-20 year old
I mean so long as you're not like 35 or some shit, nothing too wrong with that. Past 23 is kinda weird though.
>>
Ed Sheeran and The Migos.
>>
>>72987843
>millennials regard grunge as a decent rock sub-genre from just before their time
>post-millennials regard nu-metal as a decent rock sub-genre from just before their time

fuck
>>
File: dead meme.png (72KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
dead meme.png
72KB, 554x400px
>>72987928
RAINDROP
>>
>>72987915
Both genres are not very well received on /mu/, thats why. But honestly i think I've come to appreciate that type of music more when hanging out with them. Not only is it nostalgic, but it's not for focused listening either. they put it on in the background when we're hanging out. That being said they're not really willing to listen to anything else either. The weirdest I was able to get with the music was pink floyd's first album.
>>
File: dead meme (2).png (72KB, 554x399px) Image search: [Google]
dead meme (2).png
72KB, 554x399px
>>72987928
DROPTOP
>>
>>72988020
It's cool you found a new appreciation for music. It's like how people often cherish really bad pop music from a few years ago since they were younger and life was simpler.
>>
>>72987704
Paramore and Fall Out Boy are more relevant now among kids than ever, actually.
Along with them, most young teens who think they have a semblance of 'taste' also listen to Twenty One Pilots, Halsey, Panic! At the Disco, etc...
>>
>>72985839
>>72986094
>>72983594
>>
File: 21 pilots.jpg (1MB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
21 pilots.jpg
1MB, 1200x630px
>>72987704
Male: almost exclusively pop rap (Kendrick, Future, Kodak Black, etc.)
Female: almost exclusively non-rap pop (Chainsmokers, 21 Pilots, Ed Sheeran, etc.)
>>
>>72988447
Kendrick and Future are pop rap?
>>
>>72988620
yes
>>
>>72988640
How?
>>
>>72988846
because stone cold said so
>>
>>72988869
He's old and gay and his breath smells like Triple H dick.
>>
>>72988620
damn. is pretty much pop rap
Future is totally pop rap with the autotune and codeine mumbly shit
>>
>>72987704
Trippy elevator music
>>
>>72987704
As someone with a 15 year old sister, I can tell you that there's this wave of "alternative" artists that are becoming popular among teens. People like twenty one pilots, Panic! at the disco, and Melanie Martinez that have something that somewhat deviates from "popular" music that allows these teens to talk about how bad popular music is. MCR and Fallout Boy are still popular among these teens nowadays. The big name is still Twenty One Pilots; they are worshiped by this group for being "experimental" "different" and "emotional"

Other teens listen to what you would expect. Mainly top 40 hits and trap music. That's how it is in the south, at least.
>>
>>72989016
>autotune and codeine mumbly shit
Yeah, isn't that trap?
>>72989030
>That's how it is in the south
Dunno if it would be different throughout the States. That being said, Southern England and obviously London has more white girls listening to grime since the 2014 revival.
>>
>>72989030
Can confirm from the north. Just instead of a sister its a 16 year old younger brother. 21 Pilots Can go fuck themselves.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.