[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Queen Is Dead the greatest album of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3066.png (163KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3066.png
163KB, 300x300px
Is The Queen Is Dead the greatest album of all time?
>>
File: PETSOUNDS,.jpg (120KB, 617x614px) Image search: [Google]
PETSOUNDS,.jpg
120KB, 617x614px
Not even close
>>
>>72984003
No, but it is up there for pop music.
>>
>>72984003
Title track doesn't justify its length, "Never Had No One Ever" kind of sucks, that weird high-pitched voice overdubbed on "Bigmouth Strikes Again" detracts from what would otherwise be one of the best Smiths songs. Overall it's a great album, but it has some glaring flaws that keep it at just a "strong 8" in my books. It's their best studio album, but Hatful of Hollow and Louder Than Bombs are better.
>>
File: baby.jpg (22KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
22KB, 355x355px
Not even close
>>
>>72984189
wtf ur opinion is shit
>>
>>72984189
>that weird high-pitched voice overdubbed on "Bigmouth Strikes Again"
you mean the best part of the song?
>>
>>72984189
>using "strong 8" as a score
melon drone get out
>>
>>72984231
>>72984250
>put effort into articulating my opinion
>get bombarded with 3rd grade insults
This is why this board is a joke.
>>
for me, sonically, it doesn't have enough depth to it for it to be the greatest album of all time.
I do think it's a fantastic album though.
>>
>>72984353
>Has a shitty opinions
>Cries about people not taking him seriously
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>72984189
I agree with this. I think its biggest flaw is the fact that I Know It's Over and Never Had No One Ever are sequenced right next to each other -- they're too similar!
>>
>for me, sonically, it doesn't have enough depth to it for it to be the greatest album of all time.
>>
>>72985243
>doesn't even know how to reply to posts
>>
>>72984189
>Title track doesn't justify its length
wtf that's the best song
>>
>>72984189
I agree with you on the title track and Bigmouth. Never Had No One Ever is a great song though, it's just the track listing that warps people's opinions on it. Swap I Know It's Over with Some Girls and now Never Had No One Ever doesn't seem so bad, doesn't it?

Also what's with everyone ranking and comparing compilations to main LPs?
>>
>>72984003
personally, i cringe everytime i listsen to the smiths

it's misery and depression, the band members (especially Morrissey and his high pitched rusty voice ofc) together with their fans really reflects the feelings the music is sending

the fans are the worst though, eco hipsters with meme loneliness and meme depression who thinks their music taste and intellctuality are above everyones else
>>
>>72985498
Wow. You're my dad.
>>
>>72984003
I will never understand how can someone stand this douchebag face of morissey
>>
>>72985498
Please don't bunch us in with them.

t. Hispanic
>>
File: smiths singles.jpg (237KB, 1030x1076px) Image search: [Google]
smiths singles.jpg
237KB, 1030x1076px
>>72984003
Is there a band with more impressive run of singles than The Smiths?
>>
>>72985416
>>72985416
Usually I don't count compilations when ranking a band's discography, but that's because most bands' compilations feature tracks that could otherwise be heard on their studio albums. The Smiths' two best known compilations are nothing like they - they're full of great songs that aren't on any of their albums. While Hatful and Bombs aren't united conceptually, they're loaded with so many of their best songs that it would be unfair to ignore them.
>>
>>72986457
Do you prefer the John Peel version of Still Ill or the album version?
>>
>>72986534
I like both about equally, to be honest. Same with every other song on both Hatful and s/t (except This Charming Man, but I love the Hatful version too)
>>72985911
This, by the way, is why I prefer those compilations. So many great songs here that weren't on any of their proper albums. In the indie/alt-rock sphere we tend to judge a band by their albums, but the Smiths' singles were exceptional.
>>
>>72984003
It very well could be
>>
>>72985498
I'm 6 ft and hench and I listen to the smiths so stfu faggot
>>
File: 0003615785_350.jpg (17KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
0003615785_350.jpg
17KB, 350x350px
>>72986592
thoughts on this compilation?
>>
>>72986747
Only Field Mice album I've heard is Snowball, and it was so long ago that I barely remember it. Is this better than their studio albums?
>>
>>72984003
Take out Never Had No One Ever and it's fair competition.

That said
>>72984039
is my first candidate. Pic related is also in the running.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.