[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cds or vinyl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 850x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 850x568px
>physical media in 2017
>>
>>72983692
glorious cassette

>>72983882
fuck off Schlomo
>>
>>72983882
>physical girls in 2017
>>
cds are alot more easy to gift or lend on a recommendation, that is if you have any friends
vinyl are less likely to be stolen by same friends
>>
>>72983692

CD is clearly the best but every good person should get vinyls
>>
If you buy digitally mastered music on vinyl then you probably have a reddit account
>>
>>72983904
>glorious
>cassettes
Pick one poorfag
>>
>>72984068
he's going to call you a shill put on your galoshes
>>
>>72983692
CDs are kind of redundant because anyone with a computer can burn one, but if you want to collect physical copies of albums from the 80s-00s, they're not a bad way to go. Used CDs are easy to come across and they're usually very cheap.

Vinyl has great sound quality (with the right equipment; it will sound like shit on a shit turntable), but that's not what really compels me to collect them. I like having a larger copy of the cover art, I love the ritual of putting an album on the turntable, and I love that it usually forces the listener to play at least half an album without skipping any tracks. I listen to a lot of music from the 60s/70s, and I'd much rather collect music from that period in its original form. No other physical media can match the sentimental value of a still playable fifty year old record. When I put on my ancient copy of Songs of Leonard Cohen, I think of everyone who has spinned that exact record decades before me - like I'm having a shared emotional experience with someone who might've been dead before I was born.
>>
>>72983925
tpbp
>>
FLAC
>>
>>72984122
it 2009 up in hereee
>>
I mostly collect CD's because i'm a poorfag but still like to have physical copies of the music i like. I also collect vinyl but i'm not that huge into it, it's just very expensive, i mean, i you have the money it's a pretty good hobby but if you're a poorfag like me but still want to collect music CD's all the way, most new releases are >5 dollars and used are dirt cheap if you know where to find them
>>
>>72984827
not to mention that everyone has a way to play cds at home (pc, stereos, even their car) meanwhile with vinyl a good setup for listening to them is are $200-300.
>>
>>72983692
>CDs
>Vinyls
>>
If you are going to actually get physical media, why in the fuck would you get something that is so easily scratched and damaged and comes in a shit plastic jewel case? With sound identical to its digital counter parts?

>>72984827

>paying more than 10-15$ for a vinyl
>>
>>72984095
This.
>>
Cassettes!!!
>>
>>72983692
Reel to Reel tape
>>
8 track
>>
>>72983947
but it is still pretty much the similar price as cds plus you get a really nice cover
if you already own a record player its kinda logical lol
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.