[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disintegration Loops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Basinski Disintegration Loops.jpg (253KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Basinski Disintegration Loops.jpg
253KB, 1200x1200px
Are they worth it?

I vaguely remember listening to part 3 of this a long time ago and not being that impressed. I mean, is it just supposed to be ambient music that just kind of breaks down later in the piece, or is this actually supposed to be interesting and attention-grabbing?

I mean, the parts I heard were fine, I just don't get the immense hype this album gets. I'm tempted to say it comes more from the lore about 9/11 than the actual album itself, but is that not true?
>>
You are correct

https://youtu.be/KGE7q0oDlEI
>>
>>72981736
This. Basinski is a hack
>>
literal wank
>>
>>72981605
the are definitely worth a listen, but dlp 1.1 is obviously the best.
>>
File: IMG_1863.jpg (480KB, 1242x1586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1863.jpg
480KB, 1242x1586px
>it's a Basinski and Chatham set the world straight on social media episode

Glorious. For the record I love the disintegration tapes, they're maximum comfy.
>>
>>72981965
This semi-coherent rant blames the attacks on 'patriarchy' and 'testosterone filled frustrations'. Nice to see you agree with Basinski that toxic masculinity is the problem.

>disintegration tapes
Never mind, you're a board tourist.
>>
>>72981605
Are we going to turn on him like we did with Andrew Jackson Jihad now?
>>
>>72982055
Confused /pol/tards are pretending to like him.

Everybody with taste hated him since the Shallow Rewards video.
>>
Interview of Basinski with Lawrence English:

https://www.tinymixtapes.com/features/william-basinski-lawrence-english-conversation

Pretty cool, IMO.
>>
>>72982081
>ott closed his twitter down again
;_;
i wish he would stop doing interviews and do rambling videos again. those were the best. the interviews are really good, but the first batch of videos are god-tier.
>>
>>72982120
He could be making mad cash rn if he kept going with the video series and hosted them on YT instead of Vimeo, like subs and views in the 100ks.

But he had too much pride and sabotaged himself.
>>
>>72981605

he has much better albums

try Cascade and Watermusic
>>
>>72981605
maybe if you listened to them instead of wasting time making this thread you would know
fucking idiot
>>
like most people in this thread said, it's a boring wankfest. if you want good ambient wank listen to stars of the lid.
>>
>>72982368
>maybe if you listened to them
>I remember listening to part 3
Hmm…
also, the thread hasn't even been up long enough to listen through the whole thing.
>>
>>72982390
stars of the lid are boring backpambient
>>
>>72982503
>i vaguely remember listening to 25% the disintegration loops a long time ago

anyway, you should listen to dlp 2.1 immediately
it's very short
>>
File: 1442545411786.jpg (33KB, 548x548px) Image search: [Google]
1442545411786.jpg
33KB, 548x548px
>>72982504
> buzzwords

i hate this board so much. if you have a genuine critique fine, but 'backpacker ambient' makes you sound like an pretentious teen retard.

> inb4 you didn't critique the dloops.

the video by chris ott already did that better than anyone of us could.
>>
>>72982033
Whoops, not sure how I managed to get that wrong. Honestly it's one of my favourite ambient records, up there with Music for Airplanes and Suns of the Lid.
>>
>>72982504
what is some frontambient
>>
>>72982769
Lustmord
>>
>its the same audio sample repeated for an hour
>yeah but he made a blog post blaming muslims and toxic masculinity for something idk
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.