[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he pays to stream music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: 1350605251966.jpg (29KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
1350605251966.jpg
29KB, 366x440px
>he pays to stream music
>>
Yeah so. I like my Rhapsody.
>>
>he can't get along with the times

go back to your cave
>>
I pay 5 dollarinos a month.
Last year i streamed a new album every second day on avarage, not counting downloads and youtubes.
I think thats a fair price.
>>
>>72980390
>he uses meme-speak to express his opinion on something trivial
>>
>>72980430
>>72980491
>Just Download It And Listen On Google Play What The Fuck HaHa
>>
>>72980415
>>72980430
>>72980491
>>72980504
wtf people actually pay to stream music?
man, today's youth really are lazy good-for-nothings, even paying to get spoonfed their pleb tatses...
>>
I forgot most of the people on 4chan earn less than 50k a year..

Peasants.
>>
>>72980522
>not being able to pay 5 dol'ars a month to get insant access to music instead of waiting for it to download.
Hows that welfare treating you?
>>
>paying for shit you can get for free
what the actual fuck
>>
File: 1492240879083.jpg (216KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492240879083.jpg
216KB, 431x300px
>>72980390
>he can't stream music because mommy won't pay for both world of warcraft and spotify at the same time
>>
>>72980585
But you don't even get any files, you get to listen to files from a very limited library you have no access to without an internet connection and you pay for it? Why? Because you're lazy and plebeian.
>>
>>72980734
Can guarantee most subscription services have a larger database than your pleb tier music collection.
>>
how poor do you have to be to not be able to afford 10 dollars a month

literally spend more at mcdonald's
>>
>>72980793
I have checked and they have more music but they don't have what I need.
>>
>>72980824
Yeah they don't provide jobs unfortunately.
>>
>>72980734
Most subscription services offer offline listening. You must really be disconnected with the times.
>>
File: tommywiseau.jpg (93KB, 1351x966px) Image search: [Google]
tommywiseau.jpg
93KB, 1351x966px
>>72980870
He tried it once like 10 years ago, I think he knows more than you.
>>
File: 2.gif (92KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
92KB, 640x571px
>non-streaming peasants will never know the feeling of refreshing their streaming service at 11:00pm to listen to their favourite artist's new album for the first time.
>>
>>72980690
Pirated =/= free
>>
>>72980965
then please tell me what pirating is
>>
I'm sorry but music streaming is a totally inferior way of accessing and collecting music.

I love having my own library of music that I can build and browse through at any given time. Not to mention that Spotify or Apple music have a fucking awful catalogue of music.

Also the music suggestions you get from Apple Music or Spotify are horrendous. If anyone tells me they got turned onto new music that way I instantly know they're a pleb.
>>
>>72980974
I'll tell you what free is. That's the exchange determined by the owner i.e. free exchange
>>
File: smuggo doggo.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
smuggo doggo.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>he's dependent on an internet connection to listen to his
>>
>>72980993
you want to know what else is free?
the pirated music i have on my computer :^)
>>
>>72981009
No, because the owners are the copyright owners. The people you got those files from are simply suppliers aka merchants
>>
>>72980916
>streaming pleb doesn't get to hear the album a day before release when it leaks on 4chan because he has to download it and he's not about that.
>>
>>72980734
this.

Streaming services will suffice for people with a feigned interest in music or lazy people.

I'm sorry but if Spotify really serves ALL your music needs then you need to get off this board.
>>
>>72981024
sure thing dog, but i'm gonna keep listening to the music i downloaded for free
>>
File: 1405637834266.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1405637834266.png
572KB, 600x580px
>tfw my sister still pays for it even through she lost her job
>>
>>72980987
Anything I plan on listening to multiple times I download in FLAC and store in Foobar.

Spotify allows me to listen to a ton of new music on a whim. How could you possibly argue against the merits of streaming?
>>
>>72981030
Again, not paying for something does not mean it was free. If you steal an apple then that apple was not free.
>>
>>72981039
I definitely agree that streaming services has its merits. I've paid for apple music for over a year andI agree with the point you make.

I still think as a music lover it is a worse way to engage with the medium, due to the limited selection and the whole non-ownership model its based around.
>>
File: 1487174954344__1_.jpg (26KB, 431x420px) Image search: [Google]
1487174954344__1_.jpg
26KB, 431x420px
Name one good reason I should pay for streaming services instead of using them for free and then torrenting the albums I like
Not to mention I can think of 10 bands off the top of my head completely missing from Spotify/Pandora and another 10 with incomplete discographies on there.
>>72981045
Clicking (get torrent) and having the album 15 minutes later is pretty free guy
>>
>>72981092
You realise people can listen to music via multiple methods, right? People with Spotify accounts can still do everything you do if there's something that isn't on Spotify
>>
>>72980987
This. What the fuck is wrong with young people today? Storage space is so cheap these days and music files are only getting smaller. It can only be laziness. Or maybe they don't cherish their freedom, I'm not sure.
>>
>>72981113
If you cheat off the student in front of you during an exam then those answers were not free.
>>
>>72981171
wow that was a bad analogy. just stop.
>>
My phone has free internet quota with spotify specifically. So much more convenient for travel, and I have access to a much larger library than I would physically be able to sort on my phone.

>I still think as a music lover it is a worse way to engage with the medium, due to the limited selection and the whole non-ownership model its based around.

>engage with the medium
>the medium

It's not physical, access is king. Collecting physical media is fucking retarded.
>>
>>72981029
>if Spotify really serves ALL your music needs then you need to get off this board.
idk anymore the board has been pretty normie-fied, maybe its time the OGs with good taste should leave the shitshow
>>
>>72981147
You can upload your library to Spotify/Apple Music too and it integrates into your library, this board is so sperged out over "muh collection"
>>72980730
This too. How is ~$10 a dent to anyone over 16 anymore?
>>
>>72981263
No it's actually the closest analogy there is. Copying answers and copying albums. Both are cheating.
>>
>2017
>People still use Shillify
>>
Paying to music < pirating music < accessing paying music software for free master race
>>
>>72981585
for music* fuck
>>
>not knowing the pleasure of a qt 3.14 scrolling through your entire music collection located on your 64gb sim on your cellular device in 320kbs/flac.

I guess /mu/ really has gone full pleb
>>
>>72981029
Sorry, don't listen to kazakhstani throat jazz
>>
Enjoy having ABSOLUTELY NO MUSIC when the bombs start falling.

I'll enjoy my comfortable occupation as a music Liberian for bottle caps thank you very much.

Plebs
>>
>>72981618
>tfw qt 3.14 doesn't do degenerate things such as listening to music

Feels good. Gonna be a patrician family.
>>
>>72981636
>when the bombs start falling.
?
>>
>>72981668
He has a point
>>
File: 1444704802209.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444704802209.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
>>72981559
God damn, pseudo-intellectuals are annoying. Downloading music without paying for it is free.
>>
>>72981636
Spotify works without internet dumbass
>>
>>72981842
You think having a handful of songs cached is gonna save you?

god /mu/ is retarded
>>
>>72981860
>save you
save me from what
>>
>>72981860
Nice goal post moving. The point was even made in all caps. Scumbags doing scummy things.
>>
>>72981860
As much as this may sound paranoid , this always runs through my mind every day
>>
>>72981860
I have like 3000 songs downloaded
>>
>>72981935
You might have anxiety
>>
>>72981930
>>72981942
you plebs will do anything to justify your shitty habit.

I'll be swimming in bottle caps while you'll cling to my feet as your "3000" songs suddenly can't be accessed
>>
>>72981954
I have more than that
People really should have at least 20,000 songs backed up to at least three drives
>>
>>72981961
>suddenly can't be accessed
>>72981990
but why would it not be
>>
>>72980734
>very limited
not true
>no access to without an internet connection
not true
>pay for it
you dont even have to on spotify, but then you cant download stuff
>dont get any files
its not like you are not allowed to pirate stuff anymore if you start streaming
>>
>>72981113
>10 bands
wow thats a lot
>>
>>72982351
It is when you're paying for less of a selection
>>
>>72982351
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/mimisnowball/not_on_spotify__us_/
>>
>>72982455
half of these are stuff no one cares about
and its not even accurate. im literally listening to The Ascention by Glenn Branca right now on spotify lmao
you can always download the stuff thats not on there, spotify is great for discovering stuff
i listened to about 130 albums released this year and only few of them are not on spotify
i dont really need to store them on my drive, cause most of them arent worth returning to after few listens
not to mention the time it would take me to download, sort and tag all of them
>>
>>72981343
>collecting physical media is fucking retarded.

i agree. i feel bad for bands with no label support that made the decision to press a record on vinyl. they probably paid way too much to appease their fans.

if you really dig a bands music why not pay full price for digital files? the band doesnt have to waste any money on producing physical media and you get the music + the satisfaction of knowing that the band keeps a larger percentage of the money because they don't have to recoup costs of producing something that will end up in a fucking landfill one day.
>>
>>72980390
>he streams music
>>
>tfw too bluepilled to pirate
>>
File: 1463690658476.jpg (16KB, 317x315px) Image search: [Google]
1463690658476.jpg
16KB, 317x315px
>>72982606
>lmao thats music no one cares you should be listening to the hip, cool stuff every likes anyway xD
>>
>>72982351
>>72982606
diff guy here
>nobody cares about
king crimson
tool
coil
this heat
de la soul
henry cow
smog
pere ubu
silver jews
masada
fripp & eno
fred frith
ui
circle takes the square
naked city

that's just IMO some gnar stuff from page one of that list... I don't have spotify so i can't verify if it's true.

people who use spotify will eventually get complacent and lose the energy that they have set aside for finding new and exciting music. 10 years down the line, the recommendations from spotify will be enough for most people. they will work jobs will longer hours or have a kid or find another activity that takes just as much time as listening/playing music & that will take away from their thirst for finding new stuff.
if you imagine a large population of people going through these circumstances on a 10-15 year timeline, it's easy to see how a societies tastes could become homogenized. Also, the idea that artists could PAY for "recommendations" on spotify would speed this process up.

srry y'all are great im just throwing ideas out there
>>
I don't use streaming services because they don't have a lot of music I listen to.

When I tell people that they always say "just pay for Spotify and download the stuff you can't find there" but why the hell would I do that if I can just download everything?

If I'm ever in a situation where Spotify premium would come in handy (playing music with friends) then someone always ends up having it anyway.

And before you ask, I buy plenty of music and it probably amounts to more support for artists than the $0.0007 you give artists by streaming their songs.
>>
>>72982823
Its not like everyone who uses spotify will never listen to those bands. I mean Tool and King Crimson are posted here everyday/week. Not only that but spotify users can still use youtube, bandcamp, soundcloud and recommendations from friends/discussion boards to find new music.
>>
i got spotify like a week ago and fucking quintupled my music listening and discovering speed, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>72982963
>spotify users can still use youtube, bandcamp, soundcloud and recommendations from friends/discussion boards to find new music.

Ya people can use those things now, but at some point down the line people who use spotify out of convenience will stop using youtube/bandcamp/4chan. it will just be easier for them to get new stuff based on recommendations from spotify because they have rent to pay and cant fuck around in a youtube hole like they used to.
granted i'm looking at this over the next decade or two.

people still can use everything thats available to them but they wont. im basing that assumption off the idea that they paid for spotify because its easy. so later in life when they have no time to spend on finding new muusic, they'll will choose the easy route and ditch all the other shit.
>>
>>72983035
>I need to be spoonfed!

no wonder you're a streamfag
>>
>>72983174

are you autistic or something
>>
>>72983202
yes. Doesn't make you less of a retard for giving money away
>>
>>72983174
>I don't buy music, just pirate it

>I need to be spoonfed!
>>
>>72983174
how do you discover new music?
>>
>>72983131
Content bubbles are both a good and bad thing

Spotify weekly is great to throw on and start my weekly car trips to work. I then collate any songs I repeat listen to from that into a long running best of weekly playlist.

Then there's release radar which will find new tracks from artists you subscribe to. If you listen to 50-60 artists on the regular it's easy to slip up / miss releases due to life shit.

I've found many sub 5-10,000 play artists which I keep returning to that I never would have found without it.
>>
>>72983359
so do you use anything else to discover new stuff or nah?

and also, how do yuo feel about the idea of artists paying to be recommended to you?
>>
>>72983228
you're a fucking retard for assuming that you're replying to the same person on an anonymous imageboard. also i don't understand why people admit they are autists, an autistic opinion literally means less. Anyways you are wrong, spotify lets you find music completely at your own guise.
>>
>>72983432
yes of course (this board does not count, too much shitposting meme bands)

>and also, how do yuo feel about the idea of artists paying to be recommended to you?

that's essentially what radio once was, mtv etc...
>>
>>72981029
>I'm sorry but if Spotify really serves ALL your music needs then you need to get off this board.
THIS. Except i'm not sorry and you just need to GTFO if you use Spotify

>>72980870
Too bad files are encrypted and associated with the specific device you are using

Once one of my friend that uses spotify asked me to rec him an album from a band, turns out Spotify didn't have that album and he was like "nevermind, i'll listen to this other one album they have from them instead". Spotify makes you lazy and the fact that you are paying for it pushes you to accept compromises about what you listen to and how you listen to it. Fucking disgusting
>>
>>72983550
You to accept compromises about what you listen to and how you listen to it regardless of if you have Spotify or not

>Too bad files are encrypted and associated with the specific device you are using
I've got Spotify installed on 3 computers, a phone, and a tv.. no issues.
>>
>>72983530
that's true. but i never really liked that part about the radio or mtv... it feels weird to me that, with all the other routes people could take to find new shit, they pay for the privilege of being advertised to. i don't need to be rec'd the newest kings of leon or w/e. advertising is sneaky and i don't like it.
also im done here y'all are great
>>
>>72983638
>You to accept compromises about what you listen to and how you listen to it regardless of if you have Spotify or not
Oh do I? How can you tell?

>I've got Spotify installed on 3 computers, a phone, and a tv.. no issues.
So files are associated to the 5 specific devices you listed, your point? You still can't put those files on your media server, on a usb drive, or on whatever device that isn't online
>>
>>72983359
Is there research to suggest what the rate of discovery is for different services and mediums?

I'm genuinely curious and it's an open question. I would love to know the most effective method to discovery.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.