[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ top 10/50 artists/albums/songs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 1495575243585.jpg (3MB, 1820x4352px) Image search: [Google]
1495575243585.jpg
3MB, 1820x4352px
Has there been a poll or consensus on some of the best music according to this board? Like pic related
>>
idk but Ween's The Pod is #1
>>
idk but Fishmans' Long Season is #1
>>
idk but Pearl Jam's Ten is #1
>>
>>72974684
>>72974724
are these memes b/c the fishmans was good
>>
File: officialmucore.jpg (2MB, 1500x3102px) Image search: [Google]
officialmucore.jpg
2MB, 1500x3102px
Here's the chart from 2010/2011-ish
>>
File: mu album tourney.png (2MB, 1589x2532px) Image search: [Google]
mu album tourney.png
2MB, 1589x2532px
The closest to that that I know of was the album/artist/song tournaments /mu/ did just a little while back. Pic related is albums. MBDTF won originally but they changed it when they found out people from the Kanye subreddit were interfering and disqualified it iirc
>>
>>72974781
this is so fucking bad
>>
File: where do you think we are..jpg (50KB, 573x580px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are..jpg
50KB, 573x580px
>>72974816
>>
>>72974781
Very skeptical of this
>>72974815
>MBDTF won
Also skeptical of this
>>
>>72974815
This was absolutely embarassing. Just have a vote-based system, with the number of votes dictating the number one album. Holy shit.

The nominations were terrible, the matchups were rife with cheating, and people figured out that you could just post a thread on an artist subreddit to get the album you hated disqualified. MBDTF was an embarrassing choice of finalist, but I bet that somebody just posted threads in the kanye subreddit to get it disqualified. What a shitfuck. Just have a thread based vote.
>>
>>72974900
>Very skeptical of this
That's because you're a newfag
>>
File: tip pizza.jpg (49KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
tip pizza.jpg
49KB, 500x641px
>>72974927
>I care about an imaginary march madness style tournament deciding the favorite album of a Sri Lankan basket-weaving forum
>>
>>72975248
its hard when the first thing on the list is neutral milk hotel
>>
>>72975291
Jesus Christ dude is this your first week or something? That's the most discussed album in the history of /mu/
>>
>>72975309
neutral meme hotel I don't buy it
>>
File: back reddit.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
back reddit.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>72975354
>>
>>72975367
its a bad album with a faggot vocalist might be the most overrated thing since MBDTF
>>
>>72975412
Where did I say it was the best album ever? I said it's the most DISCUSSED album ever. MBDTF is also one of the most discussed album ever. I don't expect you to remember since you're a fucking newfag but when that album leaked (1 month before release) until 1 month after official release (2 months in total) it occupied at least HALF of every thread in the catalog. There were fucking newspaper articles comparing Kanye to Mozart. That's what /mu/core is about: meme-ability and discuss-ability. This is the last spoonfeed you're ever going to get. I suggest lurking a little more before posting ever again.
>>
>>72974815
Yeah the single-elimination shit was poorly thought out autism. You get shit like Faust, The Downward Spiral, Soundtracks for the Blind, The Age of Adz, and Since I Left You getting knocked out the first round because they got randomly matched up with slightly more celebrated albums. Anyone that pays any attention would tell you this is an awful representation of this board's general consensus.
>>
>>72975412
What would you consider a better album faggot-OP-kun?
>>
>>72974767
no. The Pod is my favorite album
>>
>>72974671
is this a thinly veiled /r/ thread?
>>
>>72976764
What for me? Enjoyment wise: Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin and Fleet Foxes are my favs
>>
>>72976920
Ok, now the actually good versions of those artists are Amon Tobin, Mouse on Mars, and Elliott Smith.
>>
>>72976971
I like Amon Tobin and will checkout Mouse on Mars thanks condescending anon
>>
>>72976994
You dislike a band because their vocalist isn't streamlined and actually emotes. You are still in a mindset of music as lounging material instead of as artistic statements, and you deserve all of the condescension you'll get in your first year on /mu/.
>>
>>72977043
>you are still in a mindset of music as lounging material instead of as artistic statements,

That's a useful assumption based on nothing and very obvious cop out. You resort to this newfag shit because you can't defend the music based on its own merits.
>>
>>72975412
Weak bait
>>
>>72977131
I never used your newness as an insult, but you are new and a spade is a spade so yeah.

Take a second to work for music that may be challenging or artistically obscure rather than letting music cater to you, and you'd be surprised how rewarding the experience is.
>>
>>72977237
>Take a second to work for music that may be challenging or artistically obscure rather than letting music cater to you
m8 you must understand that this whole comment chain is based solely on the ranking Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>72977356
Yes, you dismissed a band because of arbitrary personal preferences ("faggot lead singer"), your taste in music is incredibly surface level and not very deep or meaningful, and you are new during the summer months.

From all of these, I can infer from experience that you are underage, homosexual, and that your perspective on music could use some alligning.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.