[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ generally feel about Steve Wilson, the mastermind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: SWilsonnew[1].jpg (156KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
SWilsonnew[1].jpg
156KB, 800x533px
How does /mu/ generally feel about Steve Wilson, the mastermind behind the acclaimed progressive rock band ``Porcupine Tree''?

I for one have been a fan of his works since a Fear of a Blank Planet, an album I consider the band's magnum opus. The Incident isn't bad and the early 90's works have some jewels.

However, some people especially on this corner of them interwebs don't think fondly of the band. Why would that be?
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Porcupine Tree
>DO NOT FALL FOR ANTIPROG SHILLS
>>
most people on /mu/ seem to dislike prog in general and only focus on wilson's cringy (sometimes) lyrics. And that facebook song of course.
Anyway, Porcupine tree is awesome, even though I'm tired of them, cuz is probably the band I listened the most on my life. Kinda hyped for the new steven solo album
>>
It's been years and I'm still kinda mad that Storm Corrosion started so fantastically with Drag Ropes and then petered off quickly.
>>
File: 2452352.jpg (10KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
2452352.jpg
10KB, 220x220px
>>72972223

My only criticism is that he can't really sing, but other than that he's a greater writer.

However, more than 10 people know what Porcupine Tree is, so I'm obliged to be unnecessarily pessimistic and cynical about them. I now hate them because they are well-respected and critically acclaimed, and because I'm basically a musical genius, I choose to go against the grain. When you like something that people like, that means there's something wrong with you. You're only allowed to like things that aren't trying to be good. People who know theory and work hard on composition don't know what real music is. Real music is when it's lazily done with no form and 12 people know what it is. That's real music is.
>>
File: 1495420564993.jpg (13KB, 480x249px) Image search: [Google]
1495420564993.jpg
13KB, 480x249px
>>72972223
He is sucks
>>
>>72972362
Why
>>
i like some of PT and some of his solo albums. raven in particular is one of my favorite albums from the last few years. i like opeth alot also and blackwater park is p bitchin. generally i like him

he comes across as holier than thou in interviews and even in his music and lyrics sometimes which is a bit offputting. especially when you think about what he and other prog rock musicians are doing musically, which is basically taking music that traditionally has been about partying and getting pussy and turning it into this somber, pensive, up-its-own-ass kind of thing

i do like him though
>>
>>72972223
One of my favourite artists, he's autistic as fuck though
>>
i don't like any of the early PT albums. stupid dream and on has some good stuff though. haven't listened to anything he's done after PT though.

he writes some really cheesy lyrics but i like a lot of the music regardless
>>
>>72972404
this desu, he's pretty incredible live too
>>
Porcupine Tree is probably my favorite band. Some of the early stuff is pretty rough but from The Sky Moves Sideways an on it's really good stuff. Even The Incident has its moments, although it's kind of bloated at times.

Don't really like his solo stuff past Insurgentes/Cover Versions though.
I feel like he works better in a band environment, and going solo kind of went to his head a bit.
>>
>>72972223
- his production is too sanitized/clean for my taste
- i find prog metal cringy af
>>
>>72972543

Kendrick talking about his dick is so now though
>>
>>72972600
where did i mention kendrick?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.