[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do Patrician Pleb and Contrarian mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: tay_.jpg (67KB, 479x564px) Image search: [Google]
tay_.jpg
67KB, 479x564px
>>
terms by elitists and for elitists.

normie life is superior in every sense.

If you can't listen to 1989 and enjoy it then you need to be executed immediately.
>>
they mean you should lurk more
>>
>>72972002
Pleb - The Beatles

Patrician - Wings
>>
>>72972002
Patrician -objectively good shit

Pleb- trash music, more or less

Contrarian- music that could be good or bad, but is liked simply to contradict the zeitgeist
>>
things that nobody say anymore

rip memes
>>
>Beatles
>Stones
>Beach Boys
>>
patrician is "thing that I like/person who likes things that I like"
pleb is "thing that I dislike/person who likes things that I dislike"
contrarian is "person who dislikes things that I like that are also generally liked/person who likes things that I dislike that are also generally disliked"

it's not really difficult
>>
>>72972031
>If you can't listen to 1989 and enjoy it then you need to be executed immediately.
tfw not a normie but enjoyed 1989, what the fuck am I then? I leave my house like twice a month.
>>
>>72972090
you are in a transitional stage. normie life's comin' for you, nigga.
>>
>>72972120
hopefully, they seem to be happier
>>
not a whole lot past age 20
>>
>>72972063
true
>>
>>72972002
Strawberry ice cream
Chocolate ice cream
Vanilla ice cream
>>
>>72972048
>enabling the newfag
STOP.
>>
>>72973160
All berry-flavored desserts are trash
>>
>>72973227
Please delete this
>>
>>72972002
Patrician = opinions CLT agrees with
Pleb = opinions CLT disagrees with
Contrarian = opinions normies or /mu/ in general disagree with
>>
File: 3o33lo;lelele2l.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
3o33lo;lelele2l.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>
>In Utero
>Nevermind
>Bleach
>>
>>72972036
so pleb means something good and patrician means bad?
>>
>>72972090
cyborg
>>
pleb - liking music that is well-known
patrician - liking obscure music
contrarian - claiming to like obscure music just because it is obscure
for example - "i saw this pleb listening to taylor swift what a fucking normie" not implying taylor swift is bad just she is very well known
"this contrarian asshole says the beatles are bad just because they are popular"
"his top 20 albums have less than 10 ratings on RYM he's a patrician"
>>
>>72974199
note that patrician is often a positive term and pleb and contrarian are negative
>>
>>72973227
t. ice cream pleb
>>
File: 1469505205616.jpg (122KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
1469505205616.jpg
122KB, 602x655px
>>72973867

10/10 bait, please tell me that's not real tho
>>
pleb: ok computer
patrician: kid a

get it?
>>
>>72972002
>patrician
educated, knows the basics and understands the rules so they can appreciate when they are broken in interesting ways. goes outside the mainstream to find novel and interesting things because they are inclined to do so out of their own curiosity
>pleb
doesnt understand or care to understand anything and is influenced by peers and consumes what is easily available
>contrarian
closely related to the pleb in that they do not understand anything, though they may have the desire to. however they are unwilling to put the time in or do not have the capacity to do so, so instead they are a reactionary group that denounces anything from the mainstream as stupid and gay while circlejerking a group of artists outside the mainstream that has been constructed and verified by others who are more knowledgeable, or in the worst case, charismatic than they are
>>
>>72972161
We are
>>
>>72974381

What are you if you don't understand shit or care to, but you enjoy both mainstream releases and more niche stuff?
>>
>>72974416
then youre a big guy
>>
>>72974081
yes
>>
File: Dude Guys Stop.jpg (6KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
Dude Guys Stop.jpg
6KB, 250x226px
>>72974081
>Beatles are better than Wings
>>
>>72974455
for you
>>
>>72973690
This
Some pasty Jew fro fag made these terms in 2013
Using them only is trash unless you are really bored and want to shitpost, in that case go ahead
>>
>>72972002
when u know he huge
>>
How do you pronounce pleb? I know I'm a pleb for asking. But is it "pleeb" or like "ebb" with a p?

Not that I'd use it in real life conversation guys haha
>>
>>72974834
"pleeb" when saying plebeian

"plebb" when saying pleb
>>
Pleb - listens to very mainstream music. Not necessarily terrible music but mostly stale and run of the mill
Contrarian - Tries to be special and denounce mainstream music but taste is either pleb or just different for the sake of being different
Patrician - Enjoys the finest, most cultured music. *Sips from glass

Easy to understand example ( three friends arguing over best Kanye album)
Pleb - TLOP
Contrarian - 808s
Patrician - MBDTF
>>
im listening to mudvayne right now and i have 700 gb of music and couldnt care less about being the pleb that i am

my life is better than yours because of this
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.