[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was their deal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

what was their deal?
>>
>>72968958
heroin is a hell of a drug
>>
>>72968958

Degeneracy
>>
heroin
>>
Sid Vicious was shy, geeky, vulnerable, and naive. He was a big fan of the Sex Pistols, and a bit of a fashion victim, so he dressed like the Ramones and Johnny Rotten, and pretended to be tough. Malcolm McLaren cared about the Sex Pistols getting media attention, not about their musical quality, so he fired their main songwriter, Glen Matlock, and hired Vicious, a non-musician who had the right look (I speculate McLaren may have also liked that he slightly resembles Richard Hell, his first pick for Sex Pistols frontman).

The New York Dolls had broken up and Thunders was going nowhere fast, so Dolls groupie Nancy Spungen was looking for a new, flashy rockstar to leech off of, and Vicious was naive enough to fall for her. She didn't care about his well-being, only about getting famous from him, so she made him dependent on her and isolated him from his friends, and heroin helped with that. She turned him into a junkie. She deserved what she got, she was a waste of a human.
>>
>>72969198
damn, poor sid
>>
so did he kill her? it seems like a lot of people that were around them at the time think it was a drug dealer
>>
>>72969212
Even worse, it's possible his own mother administered the lethal dose of heroin that killed him. She was afraid he'd go to jail for killing Nancy, and wanted to spare him the pain.
>>
File: 99.gif (2MB, 344x258px) Image search: [Google]
99.gif
2MB, 344x258px
>>72969198
>i-it's all the womans fault!
why are MEN so weak and DISGUSTING?
>>
>>72969265
His only crime was being to beautiful.
>>
>>72969247
That theory is still popular, but I've heard some people, notably Dee Dee Ramone, basically say "yeah, he killed her. She was annoying, nasty, controlling, and awful." Siouxsie Sioux and John Lydon despised her as well - the entire New York and London scenes seemed pretty disgusted with her, really.
>>
>>72969265
Courtney and Yoko hate are just memes, but Nancy was legitimately a scumbag that made Sid's life worse.
>>
anybody see Sid & Nancy by Alex Cox?
>>
>>72969258
His mother used to give him heroin as birthday presents for fucks sake. He was fucked from the get go, but Nancy certainly sped that process up

Not that i'm too pissed about it, the pistols were going nowhere which prompted Lydon to start PiL, which in my opinion did way more interesting things
>>
>>72969447
>His mother used to give him heroin as birthday presents
That reminds me of this:
https://youtu.be/5RUQqev_fMI
>>
Literally the proto Courtney Hole
>>
>>72969324
yeah, it was awful.
>>
>>72969265
>>72969319
This desu
Kurt was fucked up without Courtney, they were fucked up together
If anything Yoko made John a better person than he was before he met her
Sid was by all accounts a generally good but weak person who got dragged down by Nancy, but his mother was also not without blame if Lydon's to be believed on it, and why wouldn't he?
>>
>>72968958

highly irresponsible mother
enabler and whore gold digger
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.