[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently discovered Nirvana after being a metal fan for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: NirvanaNevermindalbumcover[1].jpg (82KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NirvanaNevermindalbumcover[1].jpg
82KB, 300x300px
So I recently discovered Nirvana after being a metal fan for like 15 years. I'm 25 and had never actually listened to the album in full until like 2 weeks ago. Am I too old to discover I like this?

BTW, my favorite song on the album is Lounge Act.
>>
>>72967706
I'm almost impressed you were able to go this long w/o hearing most of Nevermind
>>
>>72967706
Nirvana is garbage, and even Kurt Cobain thought so. He couldn't understand why people actually liked his music, since he had just created it as a meme, and that's why he lost his faith in humanity and committed suicide.
>>
>>72967706
Try In Utero and Bleach if you like metal so much

This album is literally grunge goes pop
>>
>>72967735
I'd heard the radio tier ones before but had just never actually listened to their main catalog.

In Utero and Bleach are... weird.
>>
>>72967760
Is that possible though? I mean the record company thought they were only going to sell 50,000 records. How can an album with a baby penis on the cover that received no marketing be considered pop music? Maybe in retrospect?
>>
>>72967766
>In Utero and Bleach are... weird.

Would you like to develop that thought?
>>
>>72967706
>too old

I used to think this way until I realized to stop thinking and start listening. Age doesn't have anything to do with enjoying tunes.
>>
>>72967804
Just a lot of stuff that's really experimental. Bleach is interesting because the record is really popular even though it wasn't anything close to a hit when it came out. I haven't listened to In Utero enough to decide if I like it or not. I feel a little off put with how often the songs on both of those albums break down into guitar fuzz.
>>
>>72967860
>How often songs break down into guitar fuzz
It's the noise rock influence, that was like THE sound of alt 90-92 lol
>>
>>72967706
Nah of course not
>>
Nirvana sucks
>>
>>72967706
I did the very same, started last summer after a long depression

the answer is no, you'll like them anyway
Incesticide is best album
>>
>>72967745
But memes didn't exist yet anon
>>
ctrl + f "unplugged"
>nothing
shame on you /mu/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.