[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kishi Bashi Appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a2358263245_10.jpg (478KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2358263245_10.jpg
478KB, 1200x1200px
I dunno if /mu have discussed this guy before, but provides insane musical scores and conducts a string orchestra amazingly.

for those who haven't heard his stuff here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZmhFgBNuU

enjoy
>>
>>72964095
Neat, thanks for sharing OP
>>
>>72964095
>I dunno if /mu have discussed this guy before

You're 5 years late, we used to have threads about him.

Also he's a one-trick pony, nothing spectacular in the long run and his debut is the only thing about him worth investing into.
>>
>listens to Animal Collective once
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18c87P2C4r0
>>
Yeah he's pretty cool.
>>
>>72965332
Jesus Christ, now that you mention it, it does sound similar... and I was binge-listening to this album back when it first came out. Why didn't I notice this back then..
>>
>>72965231
What's his one trick? Loops?
>>
>>72965406
Sounding too similar to Animal Collective, then he's gone.
>>
honestly not that good. not as good at all as it should've been for his talent and his approach to music. very overrated. kind of ear bleeding to listen to.
>>
He's a happy medium between seeming patrician to your friends and sharing music that your friends won't find completely weird
>>
>>72965471
haha
>>
>>72964095

This guy was low-key /mu/core a few years back. You used to see 151a threads on the front page a couple times a week and it was AOTY for a considerable portion of /mu/

I think his next album Lighght was a disappointment, personally. Went for full-bore maximalism and wound up sounding bloated and samey. That said, 151a is a brilliant album and his live album is really good, too.
>>
>>72965555
have you listened to Sonderlust yet? Personally I rank it between 151a and Lighght but all 3 are excellent imo
>>
>>72965592
Not him but yes, 151a > Sonderlust > Lightght, and I love all three
I don't see how people are comparing him to AnCo, the sound is kind of similar but everything else is completely different
Maybe people around here are just too obsessed with AnCo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.