[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SWANS - Deliquescence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1862.png (193KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1862.png
193KB, 300x275px
Well, what do you think of it?
>>
>>72963769
Hasn't arrived in the mail yet
>>
Mine hasn't arrived yet, I know there are a couple rips available but I've heard they aren't great quality-wise.
>>
Anyone else hate the fact that Swans are so prolific? It dilutes their sound.
>>
>>72963819
Yeah the one I'm listening to is flac but there's some weird distortion and digital clicks. Let us know if yours sounds the same or it's just a shitty rip.

>>72963820
Nah man I love it. They've put out over 16 hours of music since 2010 and all of it rocks. Swans is all about maximalism, prolificness goes hand-in-hand with their sound.
>>
>>72963769
Haven't marathoned the whole thing but Screenshot and The Glowing Man sound fantastic.
>>72963820
They do a great job live that I don't mind
>>72963819
https://mega.nz/#!N01mFBDA!kOOXPZJ6-ea5AbkdL7QWGQqCFelbePLPD6jaw3Wd93w
Just ripped my copy yesterday with EAC and transcoded it to 320 with dbpoweramp and think it sounds great if you want to give it a shot
>>
>>72963769
I think the new songs were terrible. Gira has nowhere left to go with this sound.
>>
I just bought a sealed copy from Hot Topic, and also one for myself.
>>
>>72964121
Cheers m80

>>72964195
I'd agree that the title track feels pretty generic and I understand why it was abandoned, but The Knot at least is fantastic.
>>
>>72964195
>Gira has nowhere left to go with this sound
Yeah I'm glad Gira is capping off this era of Swans now. Still enjoyed the new CD but it's getting to be too derivative.
>>
>>72964121
Based anon
>>
Going to see Swans this Tuesday
What are their shows like?
All I know is I should wear earplugs
>>
>>72964225
>Sealed Copy
>Sealed
Kek
>>
>>72964225
Why didnt you buy directly from Michael?
>>
>>72964445
I went to one last year. it was a good time. wear earplugs and prepare for a sonic wall to cradle you. after the show was done I bought some merch and met Gira. nice guy. not what I expected. have a good time guy.
>>
For anyone who bought their copy after the correction was made, have you received your tracking email yet? Or has Micheal not signed the rest of the copies yet, bought mine on Friday.
>>
>>72965037
Do you mean have the rest not shipped out yet?
>>
>>72965070
yes
>>
I went to their show in Glasgow last week and they played these songs in the same order. Kinda disappointing to be honest, unless you love The Glowing Man. Gira seems to be obsessed with creating waves of sound, so expect lots of volume swells.
The song The Glowing Man at the very end is definitely the highlight.
>>
The Knot is a fucking masterpiece.
I want studio version so fucking bad...
Also, The Man Who Refused To Be Unhappy is MEH
>>
>>72963769
frylock and im top rock you like a cop meatwad you up next ...
>>
>>72965037
what kind of correction?
>>
>>72965169
The first time they sold out they made a mistake, there were more copies being printed. I'm just wondering if those copies have been shipped out yet.
>>
>>72965328
ok, so there was no mistake with the actual cds?
>>
>>72965360
no, they just miscalculated how many there were.
>>
>>72965145
I don't think a studio version of The Knot would really add anything. I'm glad this is the only release these songs are getting. They're still good though.
>>
>>72964121
Thanks you
>>
>>72964121
This has six songs , I thought there were seven?
>>
>>72966254
Cloud of Unknowing is missing
>>
>>72966441
>>72966254
>>72965909
my bad guys. didn't even realize it missed ripping cloud of unknowing
>>
Ripping a fresh copy of the album. Any requests for FLAC or v0?
>>
>>72966485
I'll take either , I'll get you guys back with the new cornelius or new Igorrr when it drops
>>
are there any fairly recent swans albums similar to their earlier stuff on Cop, Holy Money etc
>>
>>72964494
maybe cuz it's sold out
>>
>>72966485
i'll gladly take a 100% flac w/ log+cue
>>
>>72966548
To Be Kind is the closest to their early stuff
>>
>>72966485
FLAC would be appreciated.
>>
New 320 Rip with Cloud of Unkowing

https://mega.nz/#!R89iVBTA!EWADzRnh7BKhve5gQgYoJas-OXyfrP9Fp8LfZpksss8
>>
>>72968028
You da man!
>>
>>72964195
>>72964321
The question is where will he go next?
>>
Listening to it now, it's pretty neat
>>
>>72966548
He abandoned that sound long ago but there are some reminiscing elements on To Be Kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSdTBGhDSg
>>
>>72965145
I really liked TMWRTBU

lyrics weren't the most intelligable though
>>
>>72968028
I got you with either Boris , Cornelius, Igorrr, or Goldie when they drop
>>
what are the pros and cons of not wearing earplugs to a Swans concert?
an obvious pro is that Gira doesn't wear them either
>>
>>72968794
he's mostly behind the wall of sound
>>
The backing piano in Cloud of Forgetting really gives the song a renewed sense of purpose.
>>
>>72968057
I should've realized it was fucked up earlier so thanks for the patience
>>72968448
chill chill
>>
File: IMG_1674.jpg (67KB, 594x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1674.jpg
67KB, 594x474px
Where will the new album fit on the spectrum?
>>
>>72968905
>lawful good
yeah, CoG is right
>neutral good
That's obviously The Seer
>Chaotic Good
The Glowing Man is a perfect choice
>Lawful Neutral
I think that this should be Filth, the album's perspectives mostly concern submitting to lawful evil
>True Neutral
The Great Annihilator is such an obvious choice for this, but you could be excused for fitting Soundtracks in here if you wanted to
>Chaotic Neutral
White Light
>Lawful Evil
Greed
>Neutral Evil
Holy Money
>Chaotic Evil
Cop ("Cop" is only one of the songs, you know)
>>
>>72963769
Anyone here want them to do insane 10 hour drone stuff a la Bull Of Heaven? Or acoustic/power electronics like early Xiu Xiu or something? Of course with their own twist
>>
>>72968905
Doesn't make much sense, top row should be gothic Swans (White Light, Annihilator, CoG), middle row nu swans (Glowing Man, To Be Kind, Seer), bottom should be no wave (Filth, Cop, Public Castration).
>>
>>72969156
Don't think Gira will ever do anything which predominantly features electronic instrumentation but I like the idea of them doing more ambient style stuff. From the sounds of it though he wants to do more vocal/choral stuff.
>>
>>72969110
How is the Seer Neutral Good? The only one I agree with is the TGA switch with White Light but I had to fit them both in since they're both well known.
Filth is neutral evil because it's encouraging evil in a mocking way. Weakling, Freak, and Power for Power are all a victim mocking but encouraging someone attacking others.

Cop is lawful evil. Half Life, Job, Why Hide, Clay Man, Cop and Butcher are all submission to evils for the sake of order. (Ambition is useless, Get rid of the Body, I hide my stink, Get into your cell, The Punishment fits the crime, Don't be a whore)

>>72969160
That's basically what it is though
>>
FLAC link
https://mega.nz/#!o58nxRAJ!x13LjbD-OdLGE9FJpEwB5pD1EoCoYXKPg7paohnkivY

Sorry there's no cue or log, EAC was being fucky and had an error on the track.
>>
>>72969340
>submission to evils for the sake of order.
other way around, actually
The point is that the established order (inept, uncaring) allows people to satisfy their evil whims. Advocating for the merits of chaos does not make one lawful. You're right about Filth, though. The Seer is neutral good because it consists of a search for meaning in life that contrasts instinctual pursuits with divine purpose.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.