[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1am Topic.png (103KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
1am Topic.png
103KB, 418x455px
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Kendrick Lamar’s 9.2 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 21
Nights since last BNM: 3

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
https://mega.nz/#!IkITCb5K!Nq3IGPLLNaGxaLZMiWRl0LF0ws77D_E4FO2eO4N1kwg

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Rest in peace Chris Cornell
-19 killed in explosion at Ariana Grande Concert
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Jesu/Sun Kil Moon, Planetarium, and each & every poster here
-/p4k/ forever
>>
what's up how we all doing tonite
>>
why does the 40 year old paranoid schizophrenic with the small pepes only come out once a week? haven't seen him in a minute
>>
jesu/sun kil moon when
>>
>open up /mu/ for the first time in 8 mos.
>/p4k/ hypetrain still alive
>pitchfork
>patrician
>pick one
>close window and walk away
>effin' losers
>lmao
>>
>>72960196

Terrible. Strep/Bronchitis/Tonsillitis and big ass antibiotics. Only a Jesu/Sun Kil Moon BNM will cure me!
>>
>>72960413

Also a !!! BNM will do the trick as well. That new album is tasty
>>
>>72960365
>closes window
>walks away
>still posts
>>
Wavves new record will get panned hard af. Half the review will consist of cult of personality melodrama as oppossed to the actual music.
>>
>>72960168
This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Kitty Cordero-Kolin, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Jessica Hopper, Meaghan Garvey, Pitchfork, MTV News, et al.
>>
>>72960196
Drinking growlers of local beer
This volume is rough af
>>
>>72960679
Fake and gay
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Wavves 6.0 BTFO by Nina Corcoran
Helium 7.0/ 8.0/ 8.5 BNR by Amy Schroeder
!!! 7.3 by Stuart Berman
Dr. Octagon 8.7 BNR by Nate Patrin
>>
FUCKING P&
>>
>>72960991
nina cacaron should just join wavves if she's such an expert on how to fix his songs.
>>
why does pitchfork hate white men so much?
>>
>>72961006
Nathan, is that you?
>>
>Dr. Octagon BNR
cool beans, great album
>>
>>72961006
I thought the songs were good too. This review kind of implies that Nathan is still behind all these songs but a good chunk are co-written/written by other members of the band, primarily Alex.

Only thing I agreed with on that review was the tracklisting. Welcome to the Valley would have been a good album opener and the rest could have been rearranged to give it a bit more pacing.
>>
>>72960991
didnt Dr. Octagon originally get a 9.2 or something
>>
File: Planetariumfork.png (270KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
Planetariumfork.png
270KB, 455x455px
Hey real GCG, could you make a better version of this?
>>
Wavves' new album is fantastic, really ready to see how much they hate it.
>>
>>72961358
They gave it a 6.0
>>
File: wavvespan.jpg (51KB, 541x379px) Image search: [Google]
wavvespan.jpg
51KB, 541x379px
>>72961358
The time has come my dude, they panned it
>>
>>72960679
Wooooooah wooooah woooah.. Kitty Cordero-Kolin?? She just gathered stories from others and released them right? She's a friend of mine irl
>>
>>72961451
I'm honestly surprised they even gave it a 6.0. After AoH they turned their backs to Wavves.
>>
>>72961521
Yeah they did, it was around the same time he was getting fed up with labels and becoming more independent. Suprised they gave him the top review on the site.
>>
>>72961451
It's an alright album. It's pretty weak lyrically.
>>
>>72962264
Million Enemies has my vote for cringiest lyrics of 2017, still like the song though. Sounds like it was written by smashmouth
>>
File: wavveyboy.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
wavveyboy.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
This is now a Wavves thread
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.