[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Soundgarden album and why is it Badmotorfinger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: R-1349192-1355328474-6549.jpeg.jpg (89KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-1349192-1355328474-6549.jpeg.jpg
89KB, 600x600px
What is the best Soundgarden album and why is it Badmotorfinger?
>>
BMF and Superunkown are tied for me, then Down on the Upside. The rest can be lumped together. RIP Chris.
>>
>>72959686

Because "Room a Thousand Years Wide".
>>
They never made a bad album....never had a bad vocal take. Rest in peacd my old friend. Grew up 20 minutes outside of seattle, anyones else still gutted?
>>
>>72960177
I'm still in disbelief. Chris Cornell is dead, man.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495597513620.jpg (29KB, 441x333px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495597513620.jpg
29KB, 441x333px
>>
Holy Water is underrated as shit imo
>>
>>72960177
I am
I still can't fucking believe it
>>
>>72960177

He was supposed to headline the first day of rock on the range last friday instead we got a bunch of feels (and rain)
>>
File: Capture+_2017-05-22-21-34-50.png (424KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-05-22-21-34-50.png
424KB, 720x1193px
Hate to bring up tinfoil hat theories but the Illuminati imagery is right in front of my face. Now I'm not too keen on this theory but the clues and facts remain. The man put masonic imagery all over his final album and released a video about escaping a hanging for his very last video. Was he trying to leave hints that he knew his time has come? Theories are starting to pop up, he was aware of the Masons like a few celeberties but i don't know how deep he was. Another scary angle to look at is how close of a resemblance chris had to Chris(t) constantly doing a Jesus christ pose for his fans. Sacraficing while giving your fans and loved ones everything. He was a charitable man and the parrallels are spooky at times. I don't know how to approach this event but their are a few ways you can look at it. 1.the man planned this out artistically.
2.illuminati decided to cash in on a a product.
3. Religious spinon it, I'm not religious but if there was a second coming he was it.
I refuse to believe this gorgeous soul tookhimself out with everything going for him and a family to protect. It's hard to believe this actually happened but looking at the police report it just doesn't add up....the bodyguard broke into the room but never attempted to remove the band from his neck! That's murder in my eyes. I hate to sound like a lunatic but this death has affected me like no other. Trying to make sense of it all.
>>
>>72959686
Because it is. Slaves and Bulldozers solo still raises the hair on my arm, 26 years later.
>>
SU > DotU > BMF > SL > UMOK > LTL > KA
>>
>>72960307
Someone keep this thread bumped. I've had a gut feeling that something is so, so wrong with this.
>>
>>72960307
Take it to pol or r9k please
>>
>>72960426
Fuck off, man. This is /mu/ related.
>>
>>72960307

Heres something for your conspiracy folks, his encore song for his last show was "in my time of dying", an obscure song from led zeppelin when traditionally you have a classic song lined up as the encore

https://youtu.be/5US1gJEJcuk
>>
Do you guys think Pol would be the best place to bring this discussion? I've been speaking about it with a close circle of friends ever since it happened and am piecing together the puzzle. But need more like-minded intelligent people who might have more insight on Cornell than I have currently. His lyrics alone are very haunting and prophetical...
>>
>>72959686
Why did he do it /mu/ in fuckin torn right now
>>
>>72960333
>those double stops Ben does after the solo

My dick gets hard to this day
>>
>>72960512
shit is only obscure to faggots
faggot
*also known as a standard*
>>
>>72960512
>in my time of dying
>an obscure song

>when traditionally you have a classic song lined up as the encore
Their last song was Soundgarden's "Slaves and Bulldozers", it's a classic Soundgarden thing for Chris to sing a cover of another song over Slaves and Bulldozers music just before the 3rd verse.
They've done this since the early 90's, and they've done In My Time of Dying before.
>>
Yeah i don't think that last vocal cover doesn't has too much to do with it but it's definitely odd. Have to admit I haven't watched the kast show yet...too rough to even try right now. Chris always did that with songs ,look at their cover of into the void with Chief Seattles speech used as alternative lyrics!
>>
>>72960877
It seems as if he has always walked the line given the recurring themes in his songs. He seemed down to earth off stage and we'll liked by all that have known him. He had a lot to live for. In my opinion I think it was the Ativan and he wasn't in control at that moment but I'm no expert on the subject. I just assume he loved his kids and would want to be there for them like most fathers
>>
>>72960877
Because mental illness is a bitch. We'll never understand the reasoning, at least in the way he understood it.

Always thought he'd be the Seattle elder statesman. Now who's left? I had this conversation with my brother a few days ago. Eddie Vedder is a SD guy, not from Seattle. Mark Lanegan? Mark Arm? Who else is left?

Courtney Hole?
>>
>>72961027
Buzzo
>>
>>72960374
UMOK = BMF > LTL = SL/F > SU > KA = DOTU
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495583651908.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495583651908.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
Lol Buzzo has lived in LA for YEARS. Same as Dale even though I think he was in Norcal in the 90s and married Lori S. From Acid king. Learn your history kids.
>>
>>72961089
damn...
>>
>>72961072
My how far we've fallen in but a week. Chris Cornell to Buzz Osbourne. Not just quality of music but interest in the scene around him. Buzzo ain't singing Mad Season, for example. Or doing a TOTD project.
>>
>>72961027
Nancy & Ann Wilson
>>
>>72961224
Not bad. I guess we could add Geoff Tate, if we really needed to.
>>
>>72961262
nah, we don't need to do that.

Also, why are we pretending Jerry Cantrell is dead?
>>
>>72961274
I hope he lives a long happy life. I don't even care that Alice In Chains will probably never be good again. I don't want him to continue the trend of suicides
>>
>>72961274
He's not dead. He's just from Ft Worth. I'm a Texas guy, so he mos def would get credit. Only Seattle guy left in that band is Sean Kinney, FWIW.
>>
>>72961289
>72961289
I loved AiC from the first time I saw Man in the Box on 120 Minutes on MTV. I would most definitely say so if I thought the current stuff was shit. But it isn't. Is Devil Put Dinosaurs Here as good as Dirt? Christ no. But it has good songs. They're still writing good songs and that's hard to do at their age. AiC has musical staying power that the other bands of that era do not have.
>>
>>72961136
sauce on the pic?
>>
bump
the dude's voice was pristine, rip
>>
>>72961274
Also, agree we can pass on Geoff. But he is old, and he is a Seattle guy.

I nominate Mark Lanegan as Seattle Guy Emeritus.
>>
>>72961485
idk senpai, I would rather it be someone on the Deep Six comp.
Mark Arm.
>>
>>72961506
It's really a two man race, between the Marks Arm and Lanegan. Let's let the people decide.
>>
>>72961541
I think the Buzz man should be given a chance.
I like how he redpills people on how bullshit many of the romanticized stories of Cobain are. Butts nice and sore.
>>
Buzzo is a walking redpill. That picture was from Brian Walsby, he posted it on his facebook in memoriam. Of course he then sold it for monetary gain lol.
>>
>>72961581
Sounds like a single-issue candidate. Americans would never vote for a single-issue candidate, especially one who's only positive character trait is insult, negativity and a charismatic personalitttt...oh. Wait. NM.

A third party candidate appears.
>>
>>72961338
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here was alright. I'm mainly frustrated with how horrible their production has become. The two albums they've put out since their reunion have decent material that's ruined by pic related. Stuff like this REALLY kills an album for me. I don't even know why they do it.
>>
FEEL THE RHYTHM WITH YOUR HANDS~
>>
>>72959686
Any answer other than Louder Than Love is just someone who is trying too hard
>>
Reminder that JCP got banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14r7y6rM6zA

>"Jesus Christ Pose" garnered attention when MTV banned its corresponding music video in 1991—it has not been shown by the channel in its entirety since. Many listeners were outraged by the song and its video, perceiving it as anti-Christian. The band actually received death threats about it on a UK tour in the early 1990s.
>>
i dunno why but i haven't listened to this album since 2010 but outshined always creeps into my head

i'd say this edges out superunknown in conistency but the good tracks on superunknown are superb
>>
>>72960268
The elder gods are weeping
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.