[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lou Reed song labelled 'transphobic'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Lou+Reed+loummm.jpg (31KB, 350x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lou+Reed+loummm.jpg
31KB, 350x480px
Almost 50 years later. And people say that we don't have a culture that puts its head in the sand.

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/showbiz/music/2017/05/22/lou-reed-song-labelled--transphobic-.html

cool point:
>The lyrics in question focus on Reed's friends from Andy Warhol's Factory, among them transgender 'superstars' Holly Woodlawn and Candy Darling.

They were real people!

And the coloured girls go https://youtu.be/4wNknGIKkoA
>>
>>
He was with Rachel for fucks sake.
>>
>>72958254
lou reed was sometimes scared of himself
>>
>>72958351
with that much spunk, no wonder
>>
>>72958254
>Interviewer: Which one?
>Based Lou: What's the difference?

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
>homesexual
>got electro shock therapy for it
>best friends were transexuals and junkies
Damn.
>>
>>72958254
GENDERFLUID
>>
>>72958692
Politically incorrect and still loved fucking traps, truly he was
>>
File: 1494911396760.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494911396760.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>72958212
>be Lou
>massive faggot
>knew trannies
>dated some
>named your most popular album "Transformer"
>Sang some songs about Transexuals
>brought awareness
>years after your death people call you transphobic
>tfw
>>
>>72958212
>They were real people!
Of course they were you goof. You can only use the names like "Billy", "Candy", and "Rachel", in your songs so much until people star scratching their heads thinking, "Hmmm, what if they are real people?"
>>
>>72959329
I had no idea, I thought they were just made up
>>
>>72958212
>And the coloured girls go
It's funny that the PC authoritarian crybabies get upset over non-existent transphobia but let this line slide.

I'm not saying anyone SHOULD get upset over this line, btw, it just seems like the typical inane shit that BLM and their rich white supporters tend to whine about
>>
>>72959435
They did actually. They made a big issue out of it last year.
If they did their research they could have found out that Lou "hated niggers like Donna Summer" but instead they revolved their anger on one lyric of a song.
>>
>>72958212
They got it wrong.
The name of the album is TRANSFORMER.
Transformer or Transphobic is NOT a Lou Reed song. (At least not one that I know of)

People really need to do their research before spouting such idiotic garbage.
>>
what Lady Godiva's Operation?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.