[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Country and Western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Willie.jpg (194KB, 630x420px)
Willie.jpg
194KB, 630x420px
Do you prefer dadcountry to modern country music?

I rarely see country discussed on this board, but I do see a general preference to artists like Cash and Willie over say Tim McGraw (who is basically also in the dadcountry category at this point) on 4chan.
>>
>>72954510
johnny cash and willie nelson transcend the country genre
>>
I prefer any country made before the nineties, that or alt country.
>>
>>72954510
I like all eras of country. But I have noticed a sharp decline in quality of Country on the radio since 2011. However it is one of the only genres where a talented musician can still top the charts often without having to sellout integrity (Chris Stapelton).
>>
I like both Traditional C&W and the Underground Country that doesn't get played on Mainstream radio. Fuck corporate Country.
>>
>>72955531
you should check out whiskey myers if you haven't already
>>
>>72955551
I'll give Mud another listen but honestly, I like my Country Rock a little darker, with more substance. This year's Michael Chapman record is a good example of my kind of rockin' Country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCKMW5x_1rY
Moody. Ruminative. And I know it's a problem but I like older artists. You know? Voices of wisdom and such. Although Morgan Haner's a younger fella who released one of my favorite Country Rock records of 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPriM3LQMJ4
>>
>>72955813
ok, try this then
https://youtu.be/rz2CKRuUPCQ
>>
>>72954510
for the most part i enjoy dad country more, but
every once and a while there's a newer song i enjoy. Most modern country seems to be very cookie cutter unfortunately
>>
I'm pretty much exclusively interested in alt country. lambchop, bill callahan/smog, wilco, late-career emmylou harris, songs: ohia, etc
>>
File: 2016 backlog.png (33KB, 445x649px)
2016 backlog.png
33KB, 445x649px
>>72957041
nice.
i'll add it to my 2016 backlog.
thx.
>tfw i'll finally be finished going through 2016 releases by the end of June
>>
File: Waylon_Jennings_in_1976.jpg (106KB, 646x900px) Image search: [Google]
Waylon_Jennings_in_1976.jpg
106KB, 646x900px
>>72954510

I think Waylon had one of the most amazing voices and talent I've ever heard. I could listen to him read a phone book with a smile on my face. That man was created to sing songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugm0JZhX3CI
>>
>>72954510
Most people on /mu/ will tell you that Johnny, Waylon and Willie, etc are the only "good" country because it's all they've listened to.

Or it's simply not hip enough for them to like Brooks & Dunn or Alan Jackson.

That being said, >>72959589 Waylon was the best to do it.
>>
i prefer ebucountry to gogocountry
>>
>>72954510

>me at 12 and younger
country is kinda boring lol

>me at 15
wow country is absolute shit! It's the worst genre!!!

>18
well... dad country is cool but the rest is shit

>21+
hey now, country is actually pretty good

>25+
country is one of the finest genre of music! everything from honkey tonk pop to hank williams jr. is amazing

it's an acquired taste you plebs. You guys sound like me at 18 just getting into dadcountry, pretty soon you'll be rocking shania twain and tailor swift though
>>
File: moods.jpg (189KB, 1400x1185px)
moods.jpg
189KB, 1400x1185px
Late 70's Country. The woman seldom get the credit they deserved.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.