[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain jazz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 124567890.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
124567890.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
explain jazz
>>
a lot of doot doot
>>
How about you contribute something first instead of demanding people answer to you all the time
>>
>>72952373
Who the fuck are you?
>>
It's a genre.
>>
Its just "LOL DUDE SO RANDUMB XD" music for redditors
>>
It's a vast genre, focused mostly around improvisation, syncopation, and blues tonality, with varying degrees of structure.
>>
>>72952607
This

>>72952690
Wrong
>>
it accomplishes the main goal
can be comfy and adrenaline as fuck
>>
you have to force yourself to understand the vibe, and over time you will breakdown and let it in, it will click. its all imagination, environment, and story, and emotion of course. Jazz more or less relfects the current state of the restless soul, even whens its resting.
>>
Killswitch Engage
>>
>>72952348
ii-V-I progressions
>>
>>72952368
>>72952607
>They don't get it

I feel sorry for you plebs who will never reach transcendence through jazz
>>
>>72952348
niggers blowing at saxophones really hard
>>
>>72952348

It's music for actual musicians.
>>
>>72953203
annnnd that's why jazz is dead
>>
It's like classical only instead of hoping to hear something beautiful or sad or spine-tingling you mostly just hope to hear something completely unexpected.

Liking jazz is basically trying to predict what the musician's going to play next and being happy when you're wrong.

Pretty fun once you get into it, but getting into it for real and not just enjoying the atmosphere of it is a bitch.
>>
>>72953211

??
>>
>>72953219
your not completely right and slightly wrong, you should just say improv is standard
>>
>>72953211
He's kind of right though, I kinda get what he means. It's an acquired taste for sure, I didn't start loving it or frequent listening until I started playing sax.
>>
the only good jazz is the avant-grade jazz/free jazz. if you're new to jazz just listen to some non avant-grade jazz for a while then move to it when feel you're ready
>>
File: 18sifm21mr1.jpg (149KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18sifm21mr1.jpg
149KB, 800x600px
explain rock
>>
>>72953669
t. rockist
>>
>>72952348
It's pretty hard to explain to a white person since they generally don't have souls but I'll give it a try. Most non-whites have passions within them which can be stirred by nonverbal cues, jazz music is a way of doing. The passions jazz stirs up can be lust, or deep thought. Think of jazz like math rock except it actually sounds good.
>>
>>72953759
Haven't seen this meme in a while
>>
Classical music played by musicians who can keep time
>>
>>72953846
Agreed.
>>
>>72953136
t. pretentious turd
>>
>>72952348
It's when you actually want to be creative.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.