[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACCORDION WANTED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: J02738000001000-00-500x500.jpg (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
J02738000001000-00-500x500.jpg
101KB, 500x500px
Who wants to lay down an accordion track for a melody of mine?
>>
I recorded the melody just by whistling, using a metronome.
>>
File: tenor.gif (1MB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
1MB, 220x330px
Only if your melody is accompanied with Serbian nationalistic lyrics.
>>
>>72947052
I could try, but it would depend on how difficult it is to perform.
>>
>>72947077
You're in luck, the language is from mainland Europe.
The lyrics are ironic though. It's about penis length.

>>72947090
If you can do the chords that's a start.
If you can do flourishes that's even better.
>>
>>72947098
If you have sheet music or an audio recording of the part I can try it out in the morning, it's nearly midnight where I am right now. If it's something that you need urgently (like, within a few hours) then i'm probably not your guy.
>>
>>72947144
How good are you? Like super newb?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s03StMfYmDFQ

This is the melody. For some reason it's kinda quiet for me.
If you want me to re-whistle, I will.

I've been singing this song to my gf and friends (and into my phone) for years now.
>>
>>72947214
Sounds like it's in F minor, doesn't seem too hard. Do you want me to compose chords to go along with it?
>>
>>72947264
Sure, that would be swell.

I can hear the accordion chords and everything in my head, but I can't play any instrument outside of the guitar, which would suck for this song.

The full song would probably have one or more of those cheesy key changes, but that's for later.
>>
>>72947295
I'm just listening to the recording and recording the notes into a keyboard for later. It's in F# minor at 155 BPM. If you wanted to go for a full-on french-esque vibe, i could add mandolin and stuff to it as well. It sounds pretty simple so it wouldn't be difficult for me to arrange a proper recording with other instruments and a key change. Just let me know what you want and i'll work on it properly tomorrow.
>>
File: DOOM_CC1-e1335994473205.jpg (36KB, 460x552px) Image search: [Google]
DOOM_CC1-e1335994473205.jpg
36KB, 460x552px
Slip like Freudian..
>>
>>72947367
>i could add mandolin
That would be absolutely amazing.
I always heard a mandolin in my head for this song, used like in the intro for "Amore".

The song is kind of ironic, but I feel like the melody is pretty good on its own so it will probably do well with a French vibe.
I live right on the border with France anyway, so it fits.

>it wouldn't be difficult for me to arrange a proper recording with other instruments and a key change
You're a saint.
All the elements are in the recording, but I'll have to think about where I want to put what.
>>
>>72947500
I'm going to need some way of contacting you and sending you the files, do you have an email or some other account that I can message?
>>
>>72947743
Here is mine anyway:
[email protected]
>>
>>72947391
Your first and last step to playing yourself like accordion
>>
>>72947052
Here you go sempai.
This one is from France:
https://youtu.be/j-q79iScEeI
>>
>>72948122
>accordion tuned in microtonal maqam
wow these exist?
>>
>>72947965
Mine:
[email protected]

So I thought about a sequence; there are four basic parts:

verse:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VLClKWQpUP

bridge:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PU29MTI0QS

chorus:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s01cILFJ7Pbw

post-chorus:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1yWavNiG3qp

This is all recorded with a metronome, which says "80" so I'm guessing 8/10ths of a second?

I'm thinking the order would be like this:

-verse
>minimal instruments
>with rapid mandolin and maybe accordion

-bridge
>no instruments maybe, just vocals

-chorus
>full, sweeping instrumentals with vocals

-post-chorus
>continuation of sweeping instrumentals with vocals

-chorus
>followed by
-post-chorus
>both instrumental only
>maybe piano replacing vocals, kind of like a sweeping tango

And then repeat everything again.

Fin.
But if you have suggestions, I'm all ears.
>>
>>72948775
>"80" so I'm guessing 8/10ths of a second?
80 on a metronome is 80 bpm.

should you really be music-ing with this kind of knowledge level?
>>
>>72948775
Or maybe just the accordion for the bridge, mimicking the melody. Or whatevers.

>>72948803
Stop oppressing me.
>>
>>72948090
:D
>>
>>72948775
I've finished mapping the melody with a MIDI keyboard in a Garageband project. The metronome saying 80 would mean 80 BPM, which a half-time of 160 BPM, so i'll just speed the keyboard melody i recorded up from 155 to 160 and it should be fine.
>>
>>72948976
>I've finished mapping the melody with a MIDI keyboard in a Garageband project
That's probably going to work better than my whistling lmao.
>>
>>72948987
I'm just going to use it as a reference track. How should the recording process go? I record all of the stuff, send it to you and you add the rest? Or the other way around? I'm fine with either. I've just separated all of the sections and labeled them with 'verse', 'bridge' and stuff.
>>
>>72949047
I guess all I'm doing is adding the vocals.

Everything I whistled is going to be the vocals (except for the instrumental chorus and post-chorus).

I have audacity, so depending on the format, adding the vocals should be a breeze.

What kinds of instruments do you play beside the accordion and mandolin?
>>
>>72949101
i play guitar, bass, lute, banjo, glockenspiel, keyboards and recorder.
>>
>>72949139
I have an idea in my head of what it would sound like, but only for major instruments. I have no idea if a bass or guitar would fit. Or even if beats or drums are needed.

I have those Korg Volca things, they might come in handy.

Do you think you can do a tango-like piano part to replace the vocals?
>>
>>72949292
yeah i could do something like that
>>
>>72949347
Then I think maybe let's try just the accordion and mandolin for most of this, and then that tango-like piano (mimicking the vocal melody) for those two times when the chorus & post-chorus become instrumental.

Or am I off here?

No hurry though, if you got stuff to do then by all means!
>>
>>72949292
it would be handy if you could describe what you want in each section (what instruments, what they are doing) in as much detail as you can, so i have a good blueprint to work off of. that way i can get working on it tomorrow afternoon when i get back from classes.
>>
>>72947052
I could ask my dad he is real good
>>
>>72949399
that all sounds good to me. so before the piano comes in, the accordion and mandolin are just doing chords?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.