[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Prog-pop such a hated sub-genre of music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: cover_471852412017_r.jpg (115KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover_471852412017_r.jpg
115KB, 1000x1000px
Why is Prog-pop such a hated sub-genre of music?
>>
I NEVER MEANT TO BE SO BAD TO YOU
ONE THING I SAID THAT I WOULD NEVER DO
A LOOK FROM YOU AND I WOULD FALL FROM GRACE
AND THAT WOULD WIPE THE SMILE RIGHT FROM MY FACE

fuck I forgot how much I loved this album as a kid
>>
Prog is the fedora of music.
>>
>>72942856
Metal = Fedora
Prog = Katana
Indie = Beanie
Industrial = Choker
>>
>>72942856
thats not how you spell metal
>>
I love Asia's first album, but lyrics suck. It all fits together perfectly. Maybe nostalgia clouded this turd in my head. Anyway, could be a gateway drug to King Crimson.
>>
This is not even prog pop desu. Supertramp, Kate Bush and even Roxy Music and ELO are more worthy contenders of that label. They're all far better despite the big names (well, for prog) on Asia's debut.
>>
>>72942786
>Why is Prog-pop such a hated sub-genre of music?

Because in the 80s, Yes, Genesis, Asia and others started making radio friendly music and all their fans screamed "SELL OUT".

Classic Yes fans will literally rip you a new asshole if you tell them you are a Yes fan and you liked "Owner of a Lonely Heart"
>>
File: benefit.jpg (494KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
benefit.jpg
494KB, 1280x857px
is this prog pop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOK638Oe_zc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JjOpXsJ7A
Is this prog pop?

>>72943437
Huh. My dad always explicitly says no to anything by Yes. Ig uess that explains it.
>>
File: Thick as a Brick.jpg (286KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Thick as a Brick.jpg
286KB, 1300x1300px
>>72943437
>Classic Yes fans will literally rip you a new asshole if you tell them you are a Yes fan and you liked "Owner of a Lonely Heart"

Nah. However, if someone says they're a Yes fan and that's the first that comes to mind...
>>72943474
Jethro Tull is in the hazy zone. Like Pink Floyd, they're sometimes dismissed as prog entirely, but clearly are. Pic related confirms this.
>>72943503
>KC on Youtube
>It's not shortened down
>WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>72943437
>Classic Yes fans will literally rip you a new asshole if you tell them you are a Yes fan and you liked "Owner of a Lonely Heart"

I get this attitude from Pink Floyd fans when I tell them I like Momentary Lapse of Reason or Division Bell. I can't stand PF fans that have to suck Roger Waters dick 24/7.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.