[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Primus worth listening to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Primus.jpg (129KB, 906x900px) Image search: [Google]
Primus.jpg
129KB, 906x900px
Is Primus worth listening to?
>>
if you want to listen to the same song over and over again sure BUT WOW SO TECHNICAL
>>
>>72939271
yeah bro
>>
>>72939271
If you're into that sort of complex bass stuff Les Claypool works in, his strange yet still complementary voice, and the almost un-melodicity of it, then yes, definitely worth listening to.

That being said, I dunno how much you'd get out of it if you weren't a musician yourself, because they've got a lot of cool stuff you could steal and integrate into your own musical arsenal, but there's not much appeal to the general masses. I like them.
>>
Hell yeah. Best "funk metal" band imo
>>
Their first few albums are good. Pork Soda was the last really good thing they put out.
>>
Frizzle Fry is absolutely insane, I never used to really like Primus but I gave them a solid try and I enjoyed them a lot.

https://youtu.be/5y9sdEecbU8?t=18s
>>
>>72939384
I'm not a musician and I like Primus
>>
primus sucks
>>
>>72940254
just stop
>>
>>72939271

just listen to buckethead solo

none of the other band members at anything
>>
>>72939271
Sort of.

Listen to the singles, you'll get the jist of whats going on. Not terrible by any means, but not amazing.
>>
>>72940166
That's because you don't like them for the right reasons
>>
bass wank
>>
>>72940254
xD
>>
>>72940343
>but not amazing.
Why not?
>>
>>72940254
Kek

Also I'm not a musician and Primus is one of my all time favorite bands. Excellent live show too.
>>
>>72940396
i dunno, primus is deffo fun, but i mean thats about it. dudes deffo insane on that bass though.

some of Claypool's solo stuff is interesting, I seen him back in like 06. midget playing a sitar and xylophones everywhere.
>>
>>72940471
>i dunno
Well if you don't know, then it's probably not true, is it?
>>72940416
See >>72940359
>>
>>72939271
yes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.