[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't trust an opinion if _______

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3655.jpg (3KB, 93x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3655.jpg
3KB, 93x112px
They rate Pet Sounds 10/10
>>
>>72936552
They don't rate Pet Sounds 10/10 (well, at least 7/10)
>>
they say hungria is the best gepe album
>>
They hate U2
>>
File: 1491362370008.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491362370008.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>go to rym profile
>look at 5s
>ABBA greatest hits 5
>some random bach 5
>random assortment of noise and traditional folk music, + some random pop singles and classical
the thousands that are like this are all worthless.
>>
They think La Cucaracha is Ween's best album.
>>
File: 1495070228482.jpg (56KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495070228482.jpg
56KB, 450x450px
They use the term dad-rock
>>
They listen to hiphop unironically and rate hiphop albums as high as others.
>>
They frequent /mu/
>>
>>72936552
They phone post
>>
File: 1491922688898.png (228KB, 349x315px) Image search: [Google]
1491922688898.png
228KB, 349x315px
>>72936820
This
>>
They've never listened to a jazz album
They like the new Gorillaz album
They don't listen to The Flaming Lips because they don't like the lead's voice
They're favorite Beatles album is Sgt. Pepper
They think The King of Limbs is good
They've haven't listened to hip-hop enough to have an opinion on it
>>
>>72936552
>They rate anything 10/10
>>
>>72937113
>they have no 10/10s
too afraid to have an opinion?
>>
>>72936552
top ten rappers from the 21sth century.
>>
they think the Beatles were inventive
>>
They like Swans
>>
they find joanna newsom tolerable
>>
>>72937065
Sgt Pepper is objectively the best Beatles album though
>>
They like the Beatles

>>72937221
this
>>
>>72937065
>They don't listen to The Flaming Lips because they don't like the lead's voice
I like Wayne and FL but I feel like disliking wayne's voice is somewhat reasonable
>>
They don't know anything about classical music
They don't know anything about music theory
They think Loveless is "bland pop with effects"
They think Sonic Youth are "boring college rock"
They think the Beatles were a bad band
They think Viva la Vida by Coldplay is a good album
They judge music by how well it fits into pre-existing genre conventions
They judge music by how well it's produced
They judge music by how "experimental" it sounds
>>
>>72937065
>They think The King of Limbs is good
but t hat is correct, you imbecile
>>
>>72938571
Viva la Vida is objectively good
>>
>>72938571
They are right about Loveless tho.
>>
>>72938643
Wrong, it's your standard vapid, predictable Coldplay album. /mu/tants get tricked into thinking it's good because Eno produced it and they made half-hearted attempts at foraying into genres such as baroque pop and shoegaze.

>>72938669
Calling Loveless "bland pop with effects" is a gross oversimplification of its painstaking and highly idiosyncratic approach to sound art. Shields' guitar sound on the album isn't reliant on effects pedals but mainly on distortion, feedback, studio experimentation and his distinctive "glide guitar" technique. The core aesthetic of the album evinced most readily in its unique production style is also reflected through the sophisticated, almost impressionistic approach to composition (though this likely goes over the heads of most non-musicians): extended and suspended harmonies everywhere, unresolved dissonances in the melodic lines, touches of modality, droning phrases that last longer than you'd typically see in pop music, simplified repeating structures etc. All of these stylistic traits combine to establish the ethereal, hypnotic atmosphere the album is clearly aiming for.
>>
>>72938854
Seems like you're judging Loveless based on how "experimental" it sounds.
>>
>>72938854
but it sounds like shit tho
>>
>>72938960
Not at all.
>>
>>72938854
You spent too much time writing this. It's not bad. It's just not as "artisteecal" as people including yourself make it out to be. It's an 8/10 at best anon
>>
>>72939004
That's your (shitty) opinion and you're entitled to it.

>>72939014
It didn't take that long to write.
>It's just not as "artisteecal" as people including yourself make it out to be.
No idea what you mean by this.
>>
File: 1476146895884.jpg (67KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
1476146895884.jpg
67KB, 452x452px
>>72939014

>It's another "/mu/ user thinks an incredibly acclaimed, innovative album isn't as good as everybody thinks it is" episode
>>
>>72938433
dubs of truth
>>
>>72938571
>They judge music by how well it's produced
that's a valid criteria to judge by
>>
>>72938960
lol
>>
>>72937065
Damn that hurts, agree with everything (although I do think Wayne's vocals are the low point of the lips). But I do like King of Limbs. Not their best album, but still enjoyable IMO.
>>
gotta agree with that point. the producer can have such a big effect on an album and how it sounds they're basically another member of the band.
>>
>>72939006
What exactly are you implying when you say people judge music by how experimental it is?

To me it seems like you're doing just that.
>>
>>72938571
>they judge music by how experimental it sounds

I do this sometimes
>>
>>72936639
>see ABBA or AC/DC
into the trash they go
>>
They like Yeezus. I'm convinced at this point that it's one big inside joke.
>>
>>72936820
/thread
>>
>>72936639
Holy fuck I have seen so many of those exact accounts. Why is it always fucking ABBA?
>>
they follow pitchfork
>>
their favourite beatles album is rubber soul or revolver
the only modern band they like is tame impala
they use rym
they care about reviews
>>
>>72938571
>They think Viva la Vida by Coldplay is a good album
d-delet this...
>>
They don't like any punk
>>
>>72936552
>objectively
Instant drop
>>
>>72938854
This is what will save /mu/
>>
they listen to ska
>>
File: charls roid face 2.jpg (19KB, 245x305px) Image search: [Google]
charls roid face 2.jpg
19KB, 245x305px
I don't trust an opinion if they like something I don't like.
I don't trust an opinion if they don't like something I like.

There, I just posted every answer that is or will be in this thread. You're welcome.
>>
>>72937065
they're like this guy
>>
>>72937065
They use opinion about jazz/gorilazz/the flamming lips/ the beatles to grade your taste in music

KYS mate
>>
>>72936717
this
>>
>>72936820
yep, this too
>>
They think singer=the band
They think anything a pop group does is cutting edge (98% of the time they are wrong)
They complain about how meaningless shit like "the millennial whoop" is killing music
They care about the metal scene
They think something not being serious enough lessens the artistic merit of the music
They care more about the presentation of the music than the music itself (see: anyone who likes/dislikes something just because it's made with a guitar/synth)
They dislike a band for political reasons
They acuse pop artists of selling out just because they don't like their newer material
>>
they not only don't listen to lyrics, but actively disregard them and insist they don't matter.
>>
>>72945452
I have a hard time tuning into lyrics. Certain tracks I've listened to hundreds of times, and I still can't sing all the words along to the song (not even complicated music, even freaking Songs of Leonard Cohen is like this for me). On the other hand, I also don't find many lyricists worth paying much attention to. Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, that's most of them right there. Lyrics are important in adding variety and narrative, and I know most people don't have my issue. But for me personally, lyrics are much less important than other aspects of music. If something isn't musically interesting (can be simple, can be complex, just needs to be creative/smart), then it's of little value to me.
>>
>>72945798

Honestly I'm fully an instrumentals first person, but the reason I started to appreciate lyrics is because they gave the instrumentals more context and impact, rather than wordsmithing merit on their lonesome.
>>
if they like Oasis
>>
if they come to this board
>>
>Future shoots at them
>>
>>72939065
It's the only episode :/

I'm glad bullying didn't turn me into a contrarian.
>>
>They rate Hail to the Thief as the best Radiohead album
>They rate the King of Limbs as the worst Radiohead album
>>
>They think Kendrick Lamar is anywhere near the best lyricist
>>
>they like pac more than biggie
>>
>>72937065
>They are favorite Beatles album is Sgt. Pepper
because it's the best?
>>
>>72936552
They don't like metal
>>
If they trash talk or outright HATE The Beatles

If they think early Beatles WEREN'T punk in any way shape or form!
>>
The think Kendrick Lamar and Radiohead are GOAT. They suck.
>>
>>72938854
you're a fag for typing all this but i 100% agree w/ your statements
>>
>>72936552
They shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>72936717
can i still use beer commercial rock? it covers mostly the same stuff + shite like the war on drugs
>>
>>72936552
what's a bad song on pet sounds?
>>
>>72938463
half the songs are complete garbage.
>>
>rym scale is thousands of 0.5s and two or three classical albums at 3.0, the highest score with a rating
>>
>>72936552
they score based on a community's opinion. It is fairly easy to see who is brainwashed by /mu/ on RYM by looking at their ratings.
>>
>>72938571
>They think Viva la Vida by Coldplay is a good album
Of all the Coldplay albums you could think of, this is the one you chose to mention? Why not take one of their newer albums that are actually just pandering to the mainstream?
>>
>>72947021
>Everybody else is wrong
>>
>>72947050
Because no one likes those
Viva La Vida is the one that's supposedly acceptable to like on /mu/, you don't see people making threads about fucking ghost stories or the one with the monkey wearing Beats
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.