[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've posted here before asking for help on this particular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20170522_180510.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_180510.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
So I've posted here before asking for help on this particular piece, and I got great help in the past, hopefully you all could help me again

This particular chord is just impossible to play!! My hand is just big enough to hit all 3 notes, but most of the time my pinky will hit the A note... Is this really how your suppose to play it, or am I missing something? I'm new to music theory, just in case
>>
>>72935663
That's how you're supposed to play it. 10ths are difficult if you have small hands. I'm a piano teacher but I can't really do 10ths if one of the notes is a black key and one is a white key. It takes some experience just to be able to stretch your fingers that much.

If you can't get it even with a lot of practice you might just have to roll your hand. Or you can always just move the G# up the octave.
>>
>>72936049
Thank you! I was already trying the rolling technique, it looks really...sexy, doing it haha, but i think i should continue practice hitting the chord correctly since my hand span is 10... By the way, are there any 11, or even 12 chords? Just for a heads up in the future... thanks again!
>>
>>72936049
I don't even play the piano, but since you're using the pedal and there's an arpeggio symbol is simultaneously playing all the notes even correct?
>>
>>72936562
Whats the arp. Symbol? The weird lines next to the chord?
>>
>>72936927
Yes.
http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory23.htm#arpeggio
>>
>>72936049
What is the 10th? The tone separation between the notes?
>>
>>72936986
Thanks for sharing ! I guess now im wondering, why the symbol and not just write the notes seperatley?
>>
>>72937517
takes less space. composers are lazy
>t. composer
>>
File: 1492339557196.jpg (106KB, 660x990px) Image search: [Google]
1492339557196.jpg
106KB, 660x990px
>>72937587
Cool thanks! So your a composer? How do you construct your compositions, if you wish to share?
>>
>>72937680
What is this image supposed to represent
>>
>>72937517
>>72937587
For the same reason there are symbols for thrills and staccatos. It's easier to read with abbreviations like that.
But also because the exact rhythm or the notes don't matter and may be very fast and inconvenient to write and read.
>>
>>72937740
Its a nice kitchen
>>
>>72935663
you're supposed to use a capo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.