[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holyyy shit. I can't believe I slept on this album for so long.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Born_to_Run_(Front_Cover).jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Born_to_Run_(Front_Cover).jpg
69KB, 300x300px
Holyyy shit.
I can't believe I slept on this album for so long.
>>
The greatest
>>
Nebraska is better
>>
I think a lot of people are surprised when they hear 70s Springsteen and find out he's more than the singles from Born In the USA would have you believe
I'm lucky, the Boss is my dad's favourite so I was practically raised on it
>>
>>72934998
This. I also recently listened to U2's War and really liked it despite hating them for as long as I can remember.

Any other older rock artists/bands I've been sleeping on?
>>
>>72935594
I don't know what you have/haven't listened to but here's some top-tier classic rock artists
>The Who
>The Kinks
>The Band
>The Jimi Hendrix Experience
>Dr. John
>Van Morrison
>Can
>Television

captcha: arabia grande
too soon captcha, too soon
>>
I know this feel OP, I was blown the fuck away when I listened to this album too.
>>
TENTH AVENUE FREEEZEOUT
>>
I like Darkness on the Edge of Town better but Springsteen's 5 album stretch of Born to Run-->Darkness-->The River-->Nebraska-->Born in the USA is amazing. I would make a case for the The Wild, the Innocent as well as Greeating from Asbury Park but those 5 are really great
>>
TENTH AVENUE DUBS OUT
>>
>>72936073
The Wild (...) should be on there as well. The man had the greatest streak in musical history.
>>
File: ej jefe.png (2MB, 2006x1344px) Image search: [Google]
ej jefe.png
2MB, 2006x1344px
WHAT A FUCKING STREAK
>>
>>72936256
the river is fucking tripe. easilly the worst out of springsteens first seven albums
>>
>>72934998
>>72935559
Literally my revelations a couple weeks ago. And don't be afraid to dig deeper, this Seeger tribute album is a fucking riot! Good stuff, totally underrated Springsteen for way too long thanks to middle-aged women liking him.
>>
>>72937474
yep, totally agreed. only scaruffi drones disagree.
>>
>>72937474
What a horrible opinion
>>
>>72936256
Now that's a shit taste
>>
>>72937744
thank you my nigga
>>72937861
>crush on you
>i wanna marry you
>im a rocker
defend this. literally the raditude tier songs to bruce's discography
>>
Tunnel of Love is so fucking underrated. The dude channels all of the heartbreak of his life falling apart into simple melancholy love songs laid over hollow emotionless synth beats. 808s & Heartbreak totally bites the style.

The second side is perfection.
>>
>>72937970
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking
>>
The river was one of the first albums to be mixed digitally and the sound suffers as a result
>>
File: The Ties That Bind 1.png (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Ties That Bind 1.png
154KB, 500x500px
>>72937474
>>72937744
>>72937970

Did you anons listen to Ties That Bind? It's the original followup to Darkness but he thought it was too dark and depressing like Darkness so he added all of the rockers and silliness to create The River double album. He also cut out the best song Loose End and drastically re-recorded and mixed half of the songs (for the worse)
>>
>>72938095
Didn't know it existed until now, downloading right away. Thanks anon
>>
>>72938095
>no sherry darling
DROPPED
>>
>>72938380
You know you can have that album and the River at the same time right?
>>
File: 1482091312646s.jpg (3KB, 163x169px) Image search: [Google]
1482091312646s.jpg
3KB, 163x169px
>>72937474
>>72937744
>>72937970
>Two Hearts
>The River
>Fade Away
>Stolen Car
>The Price You Pay
>Drive All Night
>Wreck on the Highway
>>
>>72938438
listen all i was saying from the start was that the river has some terrible songs. it does have some all time classics though i just think u cant compare it to literally flawless albums like darkness, wild innocent, and born to run. nj fag here so my opinion is valid AF
>>
>>72936256
DUDE YES.

especially tunnel of love
>>
>>72938095

Bruce is one of those nuts that throws away 10/10 material because it doesn't "feel" right or it's too sad or too good or some shit. He has tons out outtakes and bootlegs that are as good or better as album stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rw5hX4zqbY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shHibn5DcAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3yUXyGMZg
>>
>>72938558
two hearts is tacky as fuck and the rest of the songs are the piss breaks u take at the bruce show
>>
>>72938591
Youtube seems to agree with him
>>
File: 6889.jpg (60KB, 1103x767px) Image search: [Google]
6889.jpg
60KB, 1103x767px
tfw The Ties That Bind is a response to Walk the Line
>>
>>72935675
People sleep on The Who far too much, it's insane. The Who Sell Out is up there with Pet Sounds and Revolver, and Quadrophenia is just insane.
>>
>>72935675
also Electric Light Orchestra!
>>
>>72936256
Tom Joad!!!
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.