[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (232KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
232KB, 600x600px
Is anyone else really disappointed with the new Wavves album, their past few albums have just been trash and this new one is no exception, There is a few good songs but overall it's pretty unsatisfactory
>>
>>72934575
yeah I Come To The Valley is fun though
>>
>>72934575
Nathan should really really really just off himself at this point
>>
Really wish they'd go back to the sound they had when Zach Hill still played drums for them. Cool Jumper is their best song.
>>
wavves is a sellout pop punk band that ditched the noise rock. what did you expect?
>>
>>72934575
I still haven't gotten around to listening to this, and this post doesn't make it sound like I'm missing too much.
>>
Me too. No shade and hollowed out are really good. Daisy and Animals are pretty good, and the rest is pretty dull imho.
>>
yeah... afraid of heights was the last album of his that i liked all the way through. V was okay but you're welcome sucks pretty bad
>>
>>72934745
>muh inaccessible music
>>
>>72934575
It's great. More of a raw and messy approach which they haven't done in years. Not as good as king of the beach and afraid of heights but better than the others
>>
I'm giving another listen to V
>Today
>Anyway
>Insane
>You Say
>My Head
Every. single. song, lmao
>>
>>72935070
lol this
>>
I thought that it was fantastic except for a full dull tracks. V was good, but it got rid of the noisy-er sound and as a result it was a bit bland and all the songs ran together after listening to it a few times.

I like the direction they're taking with this album . Not a huge fan of Come to the Valley and there really weren't any hits on the level of King of the Beach or Demon to Lean On.
>>
File: 1460743944498.gif (2MB, 393x561px) Image search: [Google]
1460743944498.gif
2MB, 393x561px
damn I saw these guys right after V came out and Nathan did a stage dive from the second-story balcony, shit was wild

Afraid of Heights > V = King of the Beach > Wavvves > You're Welcome > Wavves
>>
>>72934690
fucking this
>>
I liked it more than I was expecting to. Better than V for sure, and I'm happy that he's returning to doing some fully poppy sorta songs like Come To The Valley, which reminded me of some of the back end songs on KOTB.

The main thing though is that it shows he's willing to experiment and change his style up a little, which is good cause I was worried that he was just gonna release V again and become totally stagnant.

Also, Life Sux is the best thing Wavves ever released.
>>
>>72936340
this 100%
>>
>>72935025
They were 1000x better when they were a noise-punk project though. This cannot be desputed.
>>
>>72936340
>Life Sux is the best thing Wavves ever released.

Yep, and You're Welcome is definitely a step up from how horribly dry and safe V was. Hopefully they kick up the punk and noise on their next release, while reatining the sound they created on this record, that would keep me interested.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.