[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to be a musician >everything you write is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: ruhroh.png (87KB, 226x257px) Image search: [Google]
ruhroh.png
87KB, 226x257px
>want to be a musician
>everything you write is shit
>>
>>72930952
take drugs
>>
>>72930978
kek
>>
>writes
>Calls himself a musician

You better be writing sheet music
>>
>>72931000
nice trips dude
>>
>>72931086
thanks
>>
>>72930952
How many times are you gonna post this
>>
>>72931458
That was suppose to be for me ;(
>>
>>72930952
Thom Yorke seems not have problem with this.
>>
>>72930952
have you considered being INTENTIONALLY BAD XD~!!!`11!
>>
>>72931000
1. checked
2. this, writing lyrics isn't being a musician.
>>
>>72931000
well i'm sorry but noodling on my guitar has gotten me nowhere so fuck off
>>
>>72930952
>>everything you write is shit
what's the problem exactly?
not everyone writes their own music, that's actually fairly rare
>>
Make Harsh Noise or Drone music

SORTED
>>
>>72931491
as many times as it takes

>>72932641
because i actually want to? because i want to be able to properly express myself through sounds and shit and i cannot translate anything to the guitar because I SUCK
>>
>>72931579
2slow
>>
File: 1vEAii9s.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1vEAii9s.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>come up with idea, feel proud of yourself for not sucking
>realize it's a shitty rip of one of your influences
>>
File: oOXDJDU.jpg (181KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
oOXDJDU.jpg
181KB, 358x500px
>>72932789
>want to play guitar
>plug in, get excited about trying to come up with song ideas
>turn on amp/pedals
>play a few notes
>hate self, unplug, turn everything off
>>
>>72930952
>>72932686

lol who cares if it sucks, it's not for them it's for you. Besides, sucking at something is the first step.
>>
>>72932858
well I am my biggest critic and worst enemy, so if I don't like it it's not coming out. I also hate myself lol
>>
>>72932878
tfw
>>
>>72930952
I don't have this problem, I have the worse problem of writing amazing stuff and never being able to get people to listen to it in the first place.
>>
>>72933010
It's called shilling. Do it pussy, don't be afraid of negative comments
>>
>>72933010
fuck you, stop being a fag and release some shit then
i wish i could write good shit
>>
>>72933066
nice dubs
>>
Give up and make low quality vaporwave music like all other aspiring musicians these days.
>>
>>72934070
gonna make drone
1 note per minute drenched in reverb gang ww@
>>
>>72932641
>what's the problem exactly?
I think I'm too insecure to be sincere.
I don't remember more than half of my life.
I find it hard to be productive cause I'm mentally ill.
I might not have enough life experience to write anything.
Besides Kanye West it feels like there's no artist or album I really love, like I'm faking it.
>>
>>72935357
create a character and become that character in your mind
then write songs from that characters perspective
plenty of artists do that

it's a lot easier to write this way for many people because it allows you to detach and just write like you're creating a story
when you've finished the piece you may be surprised to find how much you actually identify with it
>>
>>72936859
I don't want to be a character, I want to be myself. I want to be honest.
>when you've finished the piece you may be surprised to find how much you actually identify with it
I guess I'll try it though, somehow. I don't know how I could create a character like me that isn't like me.
>>
>>72937085
the character in your mind doesn't necessarily have to be like you at all

imagine you saw a news report about a boy who went to school and blew his brains out
and it affected you
so you wanted to make a song about it
so you invent a character who was at school that day
you become that character and write from his perspective
and maybe you end up with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA
>>
>>72937261
>imagine you saw a news report about a boy who went to school and blew his brains out
I READ THE NEWS TODAY, OH BOY
>>
>>72933010
link us to it then, fag, I'll listen desu
>>
>>72935357
just close your eyes and freestyle over the backing track until you hit on something

your lyrics are always going to just be some manifestation of your hopes and desires, i hope you can phrase "i wanna fuk u bby" in an original way
>>
>>72932824
same :(
>>
>>72937703
>just close your eyes and freestyle over the backing track until you hit on something
So, essentially, I should learn how to produce?
>i hope you can phrase "i wanna fuk u bby" in an original way
Not off the top of my head.
>>
File: 1495143977890.png (210KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
1495143977890.png
210KB, 711x633px
>want to make 80s pop but think that most new 80s pop is shit
>realize that there is no functional difference between the stuff I thought was good and the stuff I thought was shit
>hit an aesthetic dead end because I was really invested in it
>>
>>72938035
>>realize that there is no functional difference between the stuff I thought was good and the stuff I thought was shit
You're retarded.
>>
File: 1493842936274.gif (1MB, 634x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493842936274.gif
1MB, 634x600px
>>72932824
Join the club
>>
>>72938174
>implying this doesn't actually apply to 99% of mu as well but with different genres
>>
Songwriting tips from me, a fellow writer/musician

When writing guitar songs
>Play one "weird" or "wrong" chord in a generic progression, this has worked in my favor countless times
>Don't get stuck in 4 bar loops, If you write extended chord progressions you can get interesting results
>Don't worry about scales, or play in one scale one bar and another the next bar to get interesting melodic ideas
>If you're feeling uninspired in one tone, try switching to a different one you don't usually use if you're writing on electric
>Record and write parts over a loop, can create interesting sounds

Vocal lines are pretty much always felt out by me, has to just be your honest expression t b h

Lyrics are a different beast
learning poetic language is important, study poets
Stop being so fucking obvious and on the nose, make your listener work to understand, write something that only makes sense to you
>>
>>72939241
>learning poetic language is important, study poets
Do you have any beginner recs? I've been trying to read more to improve my writing overall but I don't know who I should be reading
>>
>>72930952
Keep writing.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 466x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 466x356px
>>72932789
every goddamn time
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.