[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It clicked. Thank you /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

It clicked. Thank you /mu/
>>
File: Outer Booklet.jpg (312KB, 1855x942px) Image search: [Google]
Outer Booklet.jpg
312KB, 1855x942px
>>72917067
what did it had to click? this has to be the most straightforward shoegaze album, anon.
Try this motherfucker next.
>>
>>72917132
I adored Souvlaki after my first listen, becoming one of my favourite albums. But for some reason, the first couple of times listening to Loveless didn't do it for me. Now I think it's fantastic.
>>
shit slaps, enjoy
>>
>>72917067
It didn't click for me the first few times too anon, now i can't get enough of it

enjoy your listens
>>
>>72917067
ah man.. i miss that feeling.

i remember when it 'clicked' and i would blast this in my car surrounded by shoegaze heaven
>>
>>72917067
You're not alone. For me "Only Shallow" and "When You Sleep" were immediately appealing, but it took several listens to really appreciate the rest. Since then it's remained a top five favorite. Perfect example of a "give it another listen" album, and very rewarding for anyone who doesn't write it off as le ebin vacuum maymay.
>>
i knew it would.
>>
>>72917188
I own Souvlaki on vinyl (although it doesn't look like the one pictured, the back is just black with a tracklist)

I think Alison is one of the greatest songs in the genre, and definitely a 10/10, but the rest of the album is mediocre and hardly worth a second listen, lol.
>>
>>72920248
you are an unironic retard
>>
>>72917067
You'll grow out of it in a few months.
>>
isn't anything is better imo
>>
>>72920248
>Souvlaki Space Station isn't the best song on the album
kys
>>
>>72920471
lol
>>
>>72920248
I actually agree with this
Souvlaki was one of the first albums I ever really got into and try as I might after years I can't enjoy most of the album beyond Alison and Souvlaki Space Station. I think it's a bunch of pretty-good-to-average pop songs that build a little bit on what other bands did before. I don't think they're particularly original or innovative, especially not Pygmalion or their new album.
That's not a judgement or anything I'm just relieved to know that I'm not crazy and someone shares my opinion
>>
>>72921072
>i dont like X music because it is not innovative enough.
what
>>
>>72921522
I don't like it because I think it's kinda boring. I just also see a lot of people talk up Souvlaki and Pygmalion as being groundbreaking or experimental in some sense or another and I've never understood it.
>>
>>72921584
ok so im new to shoegaze/dreampop
what artists/albums/songs would you say were the influences for souvlaki and Pygmalion
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.