[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that Jimmy Buffett is the greatest musician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Can we all agree that Jimmy Buffett is the greatest musician of all time?
>>
cheesebergercore
>>
who?
>>
I mean the man cannot make a bad song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSfONJYIyGM
>>
>>72911274
Fuck off you spiteful little bitch if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all trying to fucking ruin this thread stupid mother fucker bitch
>>
>>72911238
Can, we, all agree that... Irony... is... lame
>>
>>72911298
The king of margaritaville himself
>>
>>72911309
would you prefer proto retirement floridacore?
>>
>>72911309>>72911274
Sounds like you need some changes in latitudes and some changes in attitudes
>>
I love jimmy buffett, but he always makes me think of my step-dad who passed away. Jimmy Buffett was his favorite artist.
>>
>>72911357
lol not floridacore, im cali-wave. different beach demographics. i dont think i have ever heard him played on the west coast beach retirement scene
>>
I worked at a waterpark one summer in hs and they had one mix that they played on a loop all day, every day. 15 songs, probably 6 Buffett, 6 Bob Marley, 3 random artists.

It was hellish if I'm being honest.
>>
>>72911442
You can find loyal parrotheads all over the world
>>
he is a good songwriter

"A Pirate Looks at 40" has some genuine human pathos.
>>
>>72911485
That sounds like the dream job if they if it was 15 jimmy songs
>>
>>72911238
sure why not
>>
>>72911523
Son of a Son of a Sailor is a lyrical masterpiece
>>
>>72911485
Whenever I go to waterparks, I always think:

1) wow the people who work here are very fit
2) wow this seems like a mind-numbningly repetitive job saying and doing the exact same thing constantly for hours on end while standing in the sun and everyone around you is having fun

there's some fucked up irony there
>>
>>72911527
yeah, Bob Marley does suck.

But it was maybe an hour long mix, so you would hear every song 7-8 times a day. That's just too much
>>
>>72911574
there is no such thing as too much jimmy buffet
>>
Greatest musician? Perhaps not. But one of the smartest musicians? Absolutely.

Dude knows how to market himself. It's incredible.
>>
>>72911560
Personal favorite good taste my man
>>
>>72911501
agree and i don't dislike his music. but it makes me think of florida retirees, water parks, and cabanas. what's the emotional connection there. sonically its chill but not what i would choose myself
>>
>>72911625
you need sit back on hammock make yourself a margarita and enjoy some jimmy buffet to understand
>>
He has some really good albums (A1A, A White Sport Coat, and 3/4 Time come to mind) but his absolutely insane fans kinda drag down people's perception of him.
>>
good songwriter, but he went island country instead of island singer-songwriter

what I mean by that is that all of his albums are 60% filler, and really the only album you need of his is a greatest hits compilation

wish he'd really tried on just one album instead of going "that's two whole hits, cool, let's hit the beach" on every album
>>
Parrothead from Arkansas reporting in!!!!!
>>
>>72911782
Where in Arkansas?

I was born in Pine Bluff.
>>
>>72911706
it seems the subtle art of jimmy buffet has flown much like a parrot over your head
>>
>>72911654
Current hamock play is king krule, especially noose of jah city
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.