[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like Donovan? I really love "Catch the Wind".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: donovan.jpg (24KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
donovan.jpg
24KB, 500x417px
Does /mu/ like Donovan? I really love "Catch the Wind".
>>
>>72902420
HURR GURR
>>
>>72902420
MUST BE THE SEASON OF THE

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH
>>
He has some good songs, but overall he just seems to have rode the 60s music trends, first as a folk singer Dylan clone, then doing all the psychedelic shit once that caught on.
>>
It's impossible to respect the man after his appearance in Don't Look Back.

Even worse, the director later revealed that Donovan had originally tried to play a song he had written to the tune of "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man." Dylan stopped him part way through and told him he was stealing the melody. And Donovan claimed he thought it was just an old folk song. Dylan asked the director to cut this footage from the film out of mercy because it made Donovan look like a complete embarrassment.

JUST.
>>
I have this guys name and people reference him so much and I always just play along to mask my vast ignorance of sixties music, where should I start with him?
>>
>>72902613
It's been a while since I've seen it, and I don't remember the scene too well, but didn't Dylan show him up by playing "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"?
>>
>>72902642
His Greatest Hits is all you really need.
>>
File: sunshine superman.jpg (201KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sunshine superman.jpg
201KB, 640x640px
he has some good songs and one solid album
>>72902642
sunshine superman is good
>>
>>72902656
that happened, and this happened too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fB9xqA3eUY

donovan just looks completely outclassed.
>>
He's fascinating, his music fills some big gaps in 60s-70s folk and explains some cultural shifts, if not through his influence then by his telling
>>
>>72902420
"Cosmic Wheels" is a great album start to finish
>>
>>72905148
Donovan's the superior troubadour
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>72902613
>im he was stealing the melody. And Donovan clai
>>
Donovan is GOAT!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iab9YKocUcw

what did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.