[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people figure out guitar tabs by ear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Schecter Demon 7.jpg (31KB, 960x419px) Image search: [Google]
Schecter Demon 7.jpg
31KB, 960x419px
The reason why is because the tabs I need, I can't find anywhere.
Pic somewhat related.
>>
ear training
>>
>>72896415
Thanks
>>
File: thom_yorke_750.jpg (90KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke_750.jpg
90KB, 750x479px
Just do what he does
>>
>>72896415
>>72896374
PRACTICE

wtf. learn all your scales and chords so you have something to go off of. knowing the patterns of whoever wrote the song you're trying to figure out helps as well
>>
>>72896374
I have that guitar. I love it.
>>
>>72896832
That's the one I have as well, it really kicks ass.
>>
>>72896374
That bridge combined with the machine head placement is really fucking with my ocd.
>>
>>72896374
Talent.
I can't even imagine putting the sounds I hear on a scale.
>>
its not really something anyone can teach you, you just gotta practice and play a lot. Familiarize yourself with your instrument.
>>
>>72896374
Don't use tabs you ultra pleb, the more you play, the better your ear becomes and you can visualize how to play stuff before you even try to play it.
>>
>>72896374
git gud
>>
File: 1457503868915.jpg (747KB, 2574x1713px) Image search: [Google]
1457503868915.jpg
747KB, 2574x1713px
1. Get a program that slows down songs and is able to change their key like "BestPractice"

2. Put the song parts in loops and slow them down

This is the most important thing youll eevr learn EVER.

TRANSCRIBING A SONG WILL PUT YOU IN THE SHOES OF THE ORIGINAL ARTIST AND TEACH YOU A PRICELESS LESSON ABOUT COMPOSITION AND ECONOMIC FINGER PLACEMENT!

Dont TRANSCRIBE everything. But one song a week will be fun!
>>
practice and knowledge of music theory, scales and patterns
>>
>>72897863
Cool, thanks!
>>
>>72899054
Get functional Ear trainer app from the play store. It will help.
>>
>>72896374
>figure out guitar tabs by ear
what you want is to bypass tabs altogether
>>
>>72896374
learn to audiate (coordination between what notes you hear in your head and the notes you play)

sing along to a part (whistle, hum, whatever) and figure it out note by note. Once you have a few down figure out the key and any patterns and it should get easier from there
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.