[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Weezer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (65KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 497x500px
What do you praise weezer for? They sound like a generic americana band.
>>
Sentimental song writing, good guitar riffs and good album structure
saying it is amongst the best albums ever made is of course subjective but its quality is obvious
>>
>>72886189
Sonically they sound boring. Very boring. Also every album sounds the same.
>>
>>72886211
Are you telling me you can't tell the difference between the idealism and childlike view of the blue album and the angst and sadness in pinkerton? Because if you can't that may be a problem with you and not with weezer
>>
Blue > Pink
>>
>>72886171
their first two albums are just really solid pop rock albums with practically no filler
>>
>>72886225
Forget the differences between different albums. Just tell me whats so great about these albums? Seriously

inb4 generic opinions like: it sounds great, nice gutitar riffs, good lyrics
>>
>>72886171
How's that a bad thing?
>>
>>72886171
This board is full of teenage virgins who are literally two years at most out of their freshman year of high school classic rock phase. That's why the collective taste of /mu/ skews so conservative
>>
>>72886258
>Spoonfeed me the things that I like about this album even though I was already told
>>
>>72886286
Im not being mean, just asking. Dont be a dick
>>
>>72886363
you sound like you're being mean to me. this dude already told you what he liked about the album, and you said they didnt count for being "generic" or whatever. you act as if everyone is meant to appreciate each album equally, when really music is largely subjective and if you find it boring or don't care for what the other anon said, then you should just move on and accept that this album probably isn't for you.
>>
>>72886171
>What do you praise weezer for?
Because Cuomo looks and behaves like an average /mu/ poster. Literally the only reason.
>>
>>72886373
I posted that because you can say the same about every album. Thats nothing specific. Thats why im asking what makes this band a praised one.

Ask a one directiin fan whats so great about their albums:
Sounds great, nice lyrics, cool guitar riffs

Is this a detailed answer? Have I started to understand whats so great about it? Its the normiest of normal opinions. I need serious answers that may perhaps persuade me to listen to weezer or find something superb in their music.
>>
>>72886581
Listen to Pinkerton again
>>
File: rivers cumo.jpg (27KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
rivers cumo.jpg
27KB, 300x250px
As a hardcore weezer fan i will say weezer started out as a semi cool alt rock band.
You have to understand the context, okay kurt cobain just died, post grunge rules the world, and here comes this nerdy buddy holly looking mother fucker singing about being in the garage, falling in love with lesbians, and wanting to pork Japanese girls.

Over they years, rivers has destroyed weezer though, any weezer fan will tell you they have gotten worse over time, rivers made beevrly hills and became incrasingly pop shit, its very obviouse rivers is an unabashed poptamist trapped in a late 90's alt rock band.

In retrospect weezer was very influential on that early 2000's emo pop scene, my chemical romance, panic at the disco, and all that

In the end i think rivers can fashion a catchy pop rock song and came up with an orginal aesthetic of being nerd rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvG1lp8xaeA
>>
>>72886286
Are you retarded?
>>
>>72886171
They're pretty mediocre but they have a handful of good songs.
>>
Blue album I love for it's mix of hard hitting guitar with amazing pop hooks. also the 2/3s part on my name is jonas is kickass. The album flows really well from song to song, and has really well crafted lyrics that are fun to sing along to but also show rivers' insecurities behind them

the true patrician weezer song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjDswIA9F3Y
>>
If I like white blue and Pinkerton what would I like
>>
>>72888628
>any nirvana
>tracy bonham the burdens of being upright
>>
>>72888643
>>72888628
>also toadies, rubberneck
>>
>>72886258
>catchy songwriting
>top-tier choruses/hooks
>heavy-metal-esque distortion with a nerdy outcast theme laid over it

It's just fun, unique music. What's not to like?
>>
>>72886171
>Generic
Understandable
>Americana
What?

You mean Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty americana?
>>
>>72886171
do you know what americana is anon?
>>
>>72886281
Damn this is accurate.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.