[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P4K Speaks Too Soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

"Of all the grunge bands that went multi-platinum in the 1990s, Soundgarden pulled it off with the least amount of drama or fall-out... no publicized addictions, no scandals, no suicides." http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17300-king-animal/
>>
but seriously is Soundgarden even that fucking great in the first place? Grunge was such a small scene that it needs to be made a big deal of in the first place to even make this death relevant.
>>
>>72885473
>person dies

they were the greatest thing ever to happen to music.

*forget about them in a few days*
>>
i can't recall a single time in the past 20 years ive gone out of the way to listen to Soundgarden. It got heavy radio platy, but i never needed to listen to them. Even after buying a couple albums
>>
>>72885473
for realsies. mealfriend here, a ton of people in the scene are wigging out over this, saying he meant so much to them and he was such a great musician and whatever else, but i never listened to much of his stuff and even what i heard i didn't think it was anything so great when lined up with material from other bands/musicians.

what's the hype?
>>
>>72885473
>P4K speaks too soon
we all spoke too soon. no one saw this shit coming, not even his wife
>>
>>72885480
yes
>>
>>72885503

exactly. overhyped shit. sucks he died, but it isn't as big a deal as it has been made out to be.
>>
>>72885480
I hate grunge, it's basically pop punk
>>
they're not wrong, they did pull off going multi-platinum in the 90s without suicide
>>
>>72885601
they went multi platinum in the 90s
but he now committed suicide

in the end, they did not pull it off. their legacy is now impacted by this. nothing is isolated by the decade the success actually happened.
>>
>>72885642
Youre missing the point

Nirvana ended in the 90s because of suicide
AIC ended in the 90s because of drug OD
Pearl Jam fizzled out in the 90s after the ticketmaster scandal (yes the band continued but they destroyed their momentum)

Soundgarden simply disbanded with little fanfare. The fact that their lead singer killed himself 20 years later doesn't change that.
>>
>>72885700
i'm just trying to make threads man
>>
>>72885700
>AIC ended in the 90s because of drug OD
i thought layne died some time after they disbanded though. and he died in 2002, not the 90s.
>>
>>72885724
Yeah you're right about that but they did fall apart in the 90s because of his drug issues so I think the point stands
>>
>>72885642
they pulled off going multi-platinum in the 90s without suicide. he killed himself 20 years later. which part are you not getting? p4k wasn't wrong.
>>
Lol this Nigga blacked out on Ativan and booze while auto erotically aysphyxiating himself and all u dumbass bitchass niggas actin like it's a suicide

Fuck u guys are stupid

Try and think for yourselves
>>
>>72885724
They had to disband because Layne's drug use was getting so bad that they couldn't play anymore.
>>
>>72885906
P.s. I'm sick of everyone including Canadian cbc radio who probabaly played soundgarden two times in thirty years talking about what a great artist he was

Fuck all you people

Sure they sold out stadiums for the audioslave and Totd reunion or whatever the fck ever but it's hilarious and pathetic to see the fuckin cry your heart out crowd come around for a guy major media hasn't paid any real attention to in a decade lol
>>
>>72885531
>exactly. overhyped shit. sucks he died.

You haven't lived fully in the 90s son
>>
Badmotorfinger is actually a really great album, and kim thayil is a pretty good guitarist. Honestly though his suicide was more shocking than anything. Like, its pretty weird to play a show and then just say fuck it and kill yourself that night.
>>
>P4K in the Blackstar review
"Definitely the start of the next burst of Bowie's strange mixture of pop music and underground scenes akin to his Berlin trilogy of the late 1970s. If we're lucky, this too is the first of a trilogy."
>>
>>72885531
>>72885480
soundgarden might not be that good but chris cornell sure was
one of the greatest vocalists
>>
>>72885480
>Grunge was such a small scene
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA
gr8 b8 m8

t. oldfag who actually lived the rise and fall of grunge on 89-95
>>
>>72885480
Badmotorfinger had some bangers

Like AiC, Soundgarden was the only band that transitioned successfully from sludge metal to hard rock/grunge.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.