[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is constantly making emotional music cheap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: xxxten.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
xxxten.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
is constantly having emotional songs a cheap way of gaining a fan base and relatability?
>>
>>72881248
Sincerity is making a comeback. Is making music that fits the general (forgive me for using this word) zeitgeist cheap? If so, then yes, making emotional songs right now is cheap..
>>
>>72881311
I think it's better to have say 1 out of every 50 songs emotional than 35 out of every 50
>>
I think it pigeonholes you.
you connect with a young fanbase quickly, but they mature and will leave your content behind. Even if you mature with some, you usually you alienate people who expect the same or try something new that no one likes.
>>
>>72881353
So you're saying Chris Cornell committed suicide so he can get a younger fanbase?
>>
What do you mean by 'emotional'? I'd say that every song is emotional to some degree, at least in the way it presents its subject matter.

If by emotional you mean over the top melodramatic whining about how sad you are, never is too many.
>>
>>72881368
his sales are sky-rocketing.
but in the context of XXX and rappers who use over-wrought emotional songs, I think it dates them quickly and they'll turn into act's like Blink-182 and other music you'd be kind of ashamed to like when your older.
>>
>>72881394
i mean if every song is an extreme emotion like how sad or angry you...another common one for rappers is the "look at me now" song, about how much you struggled and how amazing it is to be where you are now
>>
Emotional music is a very vast term.
I consider my music to be emotional, it comes from a lot of frustrations, a lot of struggles I have with myself, but I don't think a lot of people would categorize it as being emotional, mainly because this category consists of a very fatalistic approach to it, for a lack of a better word.
I dunno, that's how I feel at least.
Also, no, I'm not trying to shill my music, there's a soundcloud thread for that.
>>
no but the degree to which you express the emotions and depth of them are really vital to the quality. Also there are more emotions than sad, and most popular music can fall under some sort of emotion. sadboy rap is just a lazy gimmick gone too far but its not nearly the only one
>>
>>72882009
Definitely, the sadboy rap trend has reached cancerous stages, it has reached it's peak level tho, so it will die out eventually.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.