[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you really are fans of music, why would you rate or watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1492915061003.png (575KB, 888x538px) Image search: [Google]
1492915061003.png
575KB, 888x538px
If you really are fans of music, why would you rate or watch videos of someone that rates albums numerically? It's the most impractikal way of reviewing something as abstract as music. If they really are an opinion, you can't apply a number to it because there is nothing to count. Numbers take the fun out of music
>>
>If you really are fans of music
where do you think you are?
>>
>>72871558
Watching theneedledrop is like watching the special olympics
>>
>>72871558
I agree. His channel can be incredibly stupid at times - eg when the review is 20 minutes long; I may as well just go listen to a couple songs from it.
>>
>>72871558
His numerical ratings are just a way of him trying to give some type of reference point for his enjoyment of albums. He flat out says everything he doesn't like or does like about an album in the review itself which you probably don't watch, because you're probably one of the people who checks for the score and then leaves and complains on /mu/.
>>
>>72871558
I agree, who cares how much this bald fuck enjoyed which albums. Never understood what made people click on those videos.
>>
Lots of people here think Fantano is an incompetent idiot when it comes to actual music taste. It's just fun to watch his videos and meme about him being terrible, same with Pitchfork.
>>
>>72871558
the number is the result of the review. he doesn't spend 15 minutes just repeating the number. that said, fantano never really says anything of substance, so you're kind of right. but it's not the rating that's the problem

the bigger problem is here on /mu/, when users rank or rate albums without elaborating. why the fuck would anyone care what a random anon's opinion is unless they actually explain how they came to that conclusion? at least fantano attempts to add some context, even though his reviews are usually vague or in some cases expose that he wasn't really listening
>>
>>72872356
>fantano never really says anything of substance
Depends on the record he's reviewing to be honest. There's been a lot of times where I've really agreed with what he has to say and other times where I genuinely have no idea what he's talking about.
>>
Your idea of a numerical score is probably different than a lot of other people's. If you're from /v/ then you probably think 8 means average.
>>
>>72871558
>why would you rate or watch videos of someone that rates albums numerically
I don't though, why do you think I do?
>>
>>72872259
But people still make a big deal of his scores and it influences other people to score in the same way.
>>
>>72871558
I like to rate my albums just because its fun. Whenever a friend is talking with me about music, I can give a reference point for what I thought of the album like >>72872259 mentioned.

Obviously music isn't as simplistic as a number system 1-10.
>>
you guys are retarded for being so obsessed with his 'influence'

he just talks about an album for like 10-20 minutes. sometimes he says shit that i didn't pick up on my own and im better off for it. he likes to go through songs and point out what he thinks the lyrics are about, what he thinks about the instrumentation and shit, and describes the sound using silly adjectives.
>>
>>72871558
>>
>>72872294
How do people not get this?

I watch him for the background noise and entertainment from seeing if his analysis or taste is any good. I meme-watch him.

Also, no one else on Youtube with video production abilities actually does general music reviews, so we're stuck with him.
>>
I watch when there's an album I want to squeeze a little more enjoyment out of. Hearing someone else talk about it is the enjoyment I want from this board but I can't get a straight fucking answer half the time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.