[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's like Strawberry Jam, but better why is this hated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Centipede_Hz_album_cover.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Centipede_Hz_album_cover.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
it's like Strawberry Jam, but better
why is this hated?
>>
Because that statement is untrue
>>
>>72869475
Because the mixing was shit desu

Shame, because it's easily an 8/10 album
>>
awful execution, it shits the bed
>>
Only three tracks on SJ sound like CHz.

These would be Peacebone, For Reverend Green, and Fireworks.

And all of these tracks are significantly better than every track on CHz.

It really isn't that similar.
>>
>>72869727
SJ feels like an insipid version of CHz after listening to the latter
>>
>>72869768
CHz has 8 tracks on it that range from decent to great.

SJ is a 10/10.

You are really young.
>>
>>72869892
>your opinions differs from mine means that you are really young.
interesting way to expose yourself mentally weak
>>
>>72869475
Centipede Hz is their worst album. If anything that should really speak to their incredible quality as a band, as the album is really leagues better than the majority of music released nowadays. But, alas, still their worst. Their consistency can occasionally bite them in the ass - hell, it happened again with the reception to PW.
>>
>>72869943
>calling people names because they called you names

Super junior.

>>72870686
CHz is still better than PW. But you're broadly right, even AC's worst stuff is still okay.
>>
>>72870708
>CHz is still better than PW.
Will agree to disagree with this one, I think they're roughly similar in quality but I much prefer PW because it's not trying quite as hard to be "weird," just generally felt more natural to me whereas the experimentation on CHz felt very unearned and tacked on imo.
>>
>>72870785
PW is pretty boring though
>>
Personally love PW and feel meh about CHz, though desu they're probably both shit
>>
>>72870840
It's definitely one of their more conventional albums if that's what you mean, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Centipede Hz's major downfall was that it was equally conventional but tried to fool listeners into thinking otherwise with some noisy production and occasional screams. There's a real tangible disconnect there; Here Comes the Indian or Hollindagain this is certainly not. I'd rather they do more stuff like that where they go all out with the weirdness or more stuff like MPP/PW, where they really hone their pop songwriting craft. Centipede Hz, imo, did not do effectively bring these two worlds together, but the effort was admirable.
>>
File: 1461040251172.png (94KB, 267x271px) Image search: [Google]
1461040251172.png
94KB, 267x271px
>>72870840

PW is great, but it shares the same problem with CHz, which would be the production.
PW's main strength lies in the textures.
Why the fuck would they shove them all in the back?
>>
>>72870936
They were only trying to make "alien pop" with CHz. That somewhat follows your concept of them trying to be "weird", but I think most of their decisions were operating off that aesthetic principle, rather than an effort at being unconventional.

Also PW isn't particularly great from a songwriting perspective, and Avey still screams in MPP. There is, to them, no difference between their "weird" music and their "normal" music.

I have, in retrospect, come to appreciate how frenzied the production of CHz is, vis a vis it matching the anxiety of the lyricism as well as the emotional state of the band at the time. It doesn't particularly make it easier to listen to, but turns the biggest complaint into a much more complex factor in the album.
>>
File: yumi_ok.png (414KB, 854x441px) Image search: [Google]
yumi_ok.png
414KB, 854x441px
>Mercury Man through Amanita
>>
>>72871044
not that guy but
>There is, to them, no difference between their "weird" music and their "normal" music.
this is demonstrably false. they've talked many times in interviews about how the process of their earlier recordings included far more drugs and improvisation while on PW they actively tried to make pop songs because "they're not good at that"
>>
>>72871331
This

Chz is their most patrician album.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.