[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to have a discussion about the band Silverchair.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: silverchair-630x420.jpg (61KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
silverchair-630x420.jpg
61KB, 630x420px
I would like to have a discussion about the band Silverchair. Do people hate them or love them? I actually really like the band.
>>
Nah you're fine Silverchair is pretty good. I liked them up until their last album which was the least impressive album imo. But other than that they started very young and still ended up being one of the best selling bands in AUS
>>
>>72867692
Opposite for me. Kinda. Hated everything from them except Diorama and Young Modern. Neon Ballroom was alright but I appreciate the maturity of their later content. Good band though
>>
>>72867683
big fan of em ever since i heard em as a kid, will probably remain as a band I personally hold close for whicheverwhat reason. my album listing would go;

Neon Ballroom > Frogstomp > Diorama = Freak Show > Young Modern. What about you, OP?
>>
>>72867714
Nah Freakshow is where it's at.. that shit is bomb af
>>
>Have juvenile arthritis so bad that it causes agony if someone sits on the bed next to you
>Still record Diorama

I might not like the latest albums but I sure as fuck respect Danny boy
>>
>>72867726
Hey op here it goes
Neon Ballroom>Diorama>Freakshow=Frogstomp> Young Modern. Tbh I love all of their music. My mother saw them live and met daniel. he's apparently really short
>>
>>72867746
Yo was just about to post that shit. Dude is a major badass. My list of chair albums
Diorama
Freak show
Neon Ballroom
Frogstomp
Young Modern
>>
Can we just have a daniel johns love thread? Even this dude's pop music is good. He shits creativity where ever he walks.
>>
>>72867780
Not gay but would fuck Danny any time he wanted
>>
>>72867751
Nice, pretty sure my ma saw them live back when they first released frogstomp. And I was wondering even though it isnt directly silverchair related but what did you think of Daniel's solo album? I thought it was pretty good, very different to what silverchair did but still real nice
>>
File: f3c.jpg (49KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
f3c.jpg
49KB, 600x788px
>>72867780
wtf
>>
>>72867803
Op here
It was pretty good to me. His voice is just so beautiful he could pretty much sing anything he wanted. He sounds like he's enjoying what he's doing. Glad for him.
>>
>>72867794
above comment meant for that instead
>>
Silver chair is great I got the feeling in their early years they tried to be nirvana their kids and their music was still very good regardless of what they wanted to do. It worked. And frogstomp was a great album
>>
My favorite band. I met Ben at an airport once he's super nice. Sad he has to deal with an insane wife.
>>
Chair isn't my favorite. I enjoy Young Modern but that's about it. I can appreciate what their fans see in them though. Not to mention I thought the arthritis thing above me was a lie. Looked it up. That's fucking insane.
>>
Daniel johns new music sounds bad to me but I love everything they made except young modern. As soon as Diorama hit and I heard the dissociatives I knew they were going in a different direction and it saddened me but oh well I'm not Daniel. he should do him.
>>
>>72868018

>Daniel johns new music sounds bad to me

He's surrounded by bougies and has probably become one himself no doubt. The Australian "art scene" will strangle the life out of you if you let it.
>>
They'll never reunite, won't they?
>>
>>72867683
First 2 albums are generic buttrock
Next 2 are decent art rock
Last one was bland pop shite
>>
>>72868047
True. At least he isn't as bad as the others.
>>
>>72868244
You consider neon Ballroom art rock? Weird I haven't heard that before desu.
>>
>>72868098
Probably not sadly. :'(
>>
Amazing band. Every album
>>
>>72867683
I love Silverchair. Not only did they actually manage to make good Post-Grunge, which is in and of itself impressive, but they were quite young as well. Crafting together a song like "Emotion Sickness" when you're a teenager is for sure impressive.

I enjoy every album (even Young Modern, which gets way too much hate honestly), but Diorama is probably my favorite.

Also, this is probably the second time I've ever seen Silverchair mentioned here on /mu/. It makes me want to shill for Silverchair on /mu/ now. :^)

>>72867734
Yeah, Freak Show is great. "The Door", "Nobody Came", and "The Closing" are amazing.

>>72867767
Patrician ranking.

>>72868345
It's not exactly Art Rock, but the Art Rock of Diorama for sure didn't come out of nowhere. It's definitely present to some degree on Neon Ballroom when you look outside of tracks like "Anthem for the Year 2000" or "Spawn Again".
>>
>>72868778
Agreed. I'm glad there are silverchair fans on this board.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.