[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you feel about ska?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

how do you feel about ska?
>>
>>72867431
The poor man's Hipster
>>
It's eh, not so good
>>
i like some songs by The Specials. the guy in your pic most definitely doesn't exist.
>>
Ska punk is great, normal ska is pretty cringe most of the time.
>>
The English Beat are great cause they mixed in a lot of post punk and they were my dad's favorite band when I was growing up but everything else kinda sucks
>>
is there reall ska fans like that in america? terribles
>>
File: wew.png (47KB, 825x555px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
47KB, 825x555px
>>72867431
>>
File: ohshitdawg.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitdawg.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>72867873
KEK
>>
>>72867431
I go through periods where I love it, and periods when I hate it. I will say though that there was no /comfy/-er of an era in alternative music than that of the mid 90s 3rd wave ska boom.

>>72867873
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
I really dislike 3rd wave American ska, but og , two tone , rocksteady, fusion , and Latin ska are something I enjoy
>>
File: 1413558220126.jpg (67KB, 622x562px) Image search: [Google]
1413558220126.jpg
67KB, 622x562px
>>72867873
>mfw it's real
>>
>>72867725
>T. That's actually me in the pic
>>
Streetlight Manifesto is a great band but it's ska punk so...
>>
>>72867725
My housemate dresses exactly like that minus the hat and glasses. He's 27.
>>
>>72867725
>the guy in your pic most definitely doesn't exist.

There were thousands of this guy in 1997 - 1998. down to the facial expression. Especially in Orange County, CA, where I lived at the time.
>>
>>72867725
you ever hear of Spazkid?
>>
Operation Ivy is the only good ska punk band, prove me wrong
>>
>>72867431
Why do they dress like that?
>>
File: rbf1.jpg (2MB, 2848x4272px) Image search: [Google]
rbf1.jpg
2MB, 2848x4272px
>>72867725
>>
>>72867431
>rude boy
>white neckbeard

god dammit, america.
>>
Went to a ska show one time. Noisey was there filming a documentary about ska and I ended up onscreen in the credits.
>>
>>72868223
>checkered guitar with only neck pickup
Why
>>
>>72867431
PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUP
>>
>>72868286
get doxxed nigga
>>
Got no issues with it, generally speaking. The only ska band I'm really into is Op Ivy, just know a few songs here and there by some others. Sell Out by RBF was one of my earliest exposures to punk (now my favourite genre), it was on a Didney-branded skateboarding video game

That said, who the fuck wears a tie with a t-shirt? That's some top shelf fucking degeneracy and it needs to be dealt with.
>>
File: springfield_shopper.png (932KB, 1016x768px) Image search: [Google]
springfield_shopper.png
932KB, 1016x768px
>>72868286
kek
>>
it was good before the yanks got their hands on it
>>
I like the Aquabats, don't really get the whole ska culture thing though
>>
>>72867431
Tfw I have actually owned that shirt
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.