[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is not a bad album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

this is not a bad album
>>
yes it is
>>
Listened to the title track they put out as a single, actually enjoyed it
Then to my amazement it was the same as every other song on the album
>>
>>72865577
explain
>>
>>72865602
yeah but the aesthetic of the whole album is comfy. like the combination of rhythm, melodies, sound, etc etc
>>
>>72865559
you poser fucks like it because it doesn't sound like RHCP
dangermouse took the band and turned them into something unrecogniseable
>>
>>72865603
it doesn't sound good to my ears
>>
>>72865677
no.

because it has good melodies and sounds. have you even listened to the whole album ?
>>
this is not a bad albumm
>>
but
it's a RHCP album
thus
it's bad
>>
>>72865559

I have this in my library and I haven't listened to it yet. But a track came on my "shuffle all" yesterday, I think it was called Encore? And I was like, "this is great!" so I want to listen to it soon now.

Stadium Arcadium is also spectacular, especially the deluxe edition. kind of a monster to listen to in one sitting though.
>>
>>72865559
Had no idea they released anything after I'm With You. Since it's a RHCP album without John Frusciante, I will use the operative assumption that it sucks balls based on the unblemished historical accuracy of that assumption up to this point.
>>
The album is basically just Anthony musing about whether he was too old for this 19 year old gf he'd had a few years ago.
>>
>>72867940
>caring about lyrics
>>
>>72868374
I'm not complaining about the lyrics.
>>
>>72867913
To be fair, Frusciante became a diva and has done nothing but crap for the last decade or so. He's way too full of himself and eh thinks he shitty Fl studio demos are good electronic.

>>72865677
RHCP is one of my favorite bands, but we have to accept that they are old now and the music they do has nothing to do with the good old days. It's cool that Anthony can actually sing now, but it seems that he's way too much in love with the sound of his own voice and he's not even trying to be creative anymore.

I've come to terms that the band I love so much is now something else that I dont like. The decadence began with BTW, even if they had some good songs on that and following albums, the records lost the magic of the earlier days.

I'll listen to catholic school girls rule over any of their songs of the XXI century anyday.
>>
>>72865617
comfy is the best way to describe the album
>>
>>72865559
Ikr it's actually decent
>>
>>72868582
For me, the band is Frusciante. He wrote their hits and their best albums. It was only in the last few years I realised he needs to chill out a bit, and stop churning out shit electronica trying to be as far away from the Chili's as possible. Having said that, I also came to realise AK must be an absolute cunt to work with. I guess you need to be to be a classic frontman like he is.

I reckon they should call it quits now, before they become the new Stones
>>
>>72869141
>the band is Frusciante. He wrote their hits and their best albums,
Actually, in the earlier days the songwriting was very democratic. Most of the songs started with the band jamming and then AK writting some lyrics and getting some help with melodies. Other songs were crafted with Frusciante guiding AK, like Under the Bridge.

It wasn't until BTW that Frusciante took care of most of the writing. It got so bad that Flea considered quitting the band because he felt he was barely contributing anymore. By this time you can see a huge change on the RHCP sound.

I wouldn't necessarily want them to quit. They can still play live and Josh is a geniunley good person and musician. He's even convinced the band to play songs from OHM. But I've come to terms that the new RHCP won't be making any music that I enjoy.
>>
>>72865577
fpbp
>>
To Record Only Water For Ten Days is better than any RHCP album
>>
>>72869325
I hate people that idolize Frusciante. He's done good things but he also has done a lot of shit.
>>
>>72869418
definitely but i still stand by that statement
>>
File: 1477423250682.jpg (77KB, 653x590px) Image search: [Google]
1477423250682.jpg
77KB, 653x590px
>>72865617
>>72868620
>comfy
>>
>>72869223
Yeah I guess coming in and taking over from Hillel, it would be hard to try and be a single driving force. I do believe at some points they did gel as a unit. I just believe Frusc wrote their modern hits (inc. Californication era) because he is so damn talented, more so than the rest of the band imo.

Yeah I do remember reading that about BTW. I think he was very controlling rather than letting his talent shine through. Ironically, BTW is my favorite album...

But yeah big props to Josh for bring a new energy to the band. Maybe I should try opening my mind a little more.
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
>>72865559
This is not a bad album
>>
>>72869418
Then I am hated desu. But I do agree with you, I love the majority of his solo work, but could not get into the electronica at all - Speed Dealer Moms was just fucking awful for example. In fact, when I think about it, it's more the side projects that are shit, rather than his solo work (not denying some of his solo stuff is un-listenable)
>>
>>72865617
>like the combination of rhythm, melodies, sound, etc etc
Hahahha damn stupid ass pleb. You can't just toss around entry-level jargon and think it means anything. What you just said has no substance.
>>
>>72869833
you just have low IQ that's all.

like the groove, the melodies, the sound effects, they create this whole soothing rock aesthetic.

just stay with your Swans, this is adult rock music not some edgy pseud
>>
>>72869932
How can anyone with such little understanding of music browse this board? Its ok to be a pleb, but come on, at least try to explain yourself better.
>>
>>72869932
>this is adult rock music
>>
>>72865559
It reminds me of the summer, first song is instantly catchy along with some others. A weak 7/10
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.