[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pink Floyd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

What is their best song/album?

My vote goes to Piper at the Gates of Dawn
>>
>>72865549
Echoes/dark side of the moon

Hey You and goodbye blue skies are a personal favorite though
>>
best song is remember a day
best album is atom heart mother

imo
>>
>>72865579
I second Echoes. Meddle is great.
>>
Go listen to the Animals album. It is superb. Heavily underrated.
>>
Song: Shine on you crazy diamond
Album: Wish you were here
>>
>>72865595
remember a day is so underrated, I listen to it when it rains
>>
>>72865549
Song: Dogs
Album: Dark Side of the Moon

Picking my favourite Pink Floyd album/song is kind of pointless though because I love so much of their discography.
>>
Saucerful Of Secrets is p best.
>>
File: telepathy-is-real.jpg (53KB, 385x363px) Image search: [Google]
telepathy-is-real.jpg
53KB, 385x363px
Sid Barrett Album , the performance on youtub where he's staring really focussed when the other Roger joined then Echoes, Obscured by Clouds , DSOTM is the end , when Dave starts using tracer pickups it's motorway music all the way, but Sid's influence is so strong it still resonats beyond them

he was a true psychonaut
>>
>song
Echoes or Atom heart mother
>album
Animals or Wish you were here
>>
>>72869507
Are you high on spice right now?
>>
>>72869586
>Atom heart mother
Psychedelic Breakfast but the rest of it is Rik Wakeman core
>>
File: Floyd43.jpg (59KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd43.jpg
59KB, 500x283px
>>72869601
where were (You) last night?
>>
So I'm just getting into Pink Floyd for the first time (heard a little growing up, obviously) but even being a fan of prog, a lot of it sounds extremely indulgent to me. I feel like 2/3 of their songs are just an excuse for a long ass guitar solo. Or Dogs which has three or four 3 minute guitar solos. It just makes me want to roll my eyes, like fuck get over yourself.

Who's with me?

P.S. I liked Meddle, but Pipers sounded like a Beatles record to me.
>>
>>72869659
>Pipers sounded like a Beatles record to me.
try hard, listening to some Spanish language 60s rock they're more like The Beatles than the Beatles. Get your dissertation ready man
>>
>>72869659
>I liked Meddle
glitch detected
>>
>>72869619
You tell me, Muad'Dib
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>72869802
>
>>
File: 51T1EZJ096L.jpg (42KB, 305x300px) Image search: [Google]
51T1EZJ096L.jpg
42KB, 305x300px
this
>>
Best early song: Jugband Blues/Echoes
Best early album: Saucerful of Secrets
Best song in their prime: Time
Best album in their prime: Animals
>>
Album: Dark Side of the Moon
Song: Time
>>
File: 1460937126991.jpg (21KB, 236x312px) Image search: [Google]
1460937126991.jpg
21KB, 236x312px
>>72869586
Right on the nose. Animals and WYWH are fantastic albums, very consistent and rewarding to listen all the way through. Echoes and Atom Heart Mother have the best of pre-Dark Side Floyd.

>>72869659
When Pink Floyd wrote their songs they would come up with ideas in the studio, piece them together, and play them live while improvising. So those parts aren't excuses for a guitar solo, they're just parts that happen to be before it.
And Pipers was the only album Syd really worked on (Jugband Blues from Saucerful was also his). I'm glad he was forced out of the band, although I do like Pipers.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.