[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did gorillaz turn to shit? inb4 "it was always shit"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Gorillaz_Demon_Days.png (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz_Demon_Days.png
40KB, 300x300px
Why did gorillaz turn to shit?

inb4 "it was always shit"
>>
>>72862934
Anon, it was never top tier. They were always above the rest of the pop scene but nowhere near the all time greats.

This last album has them stopping down to the level of their colleagues and producing generic pop garbage.
>>
>>72862934
Somebody let Damon produce.
>>
They were never going to top Demon Days anyway
>>
>>72863355
>>72862934
I have never understood the obsession with Demon Days. Gorillaz has been one of my top 5 favorite bands since I first got really into music, and Demon Days is probably my least favorite album. It's great, but the sound is not my cup of tea. What surprises me is how many people's cup of tea it is.

I could see people saying they went to shit (incorrectly) after Plastic Beach, maybe. As weird as Gorillaz manages to be for a pop band, The Fall is a very strange album. But it is far from shit. I really like Humanz but it is definitely the black sheep for me. Honestly though, that's probably just because its new. I grows on me every time I listen to it.

Anyways. They never were shit, and never will be shit. Humanz is pushing it, though, on the front of it being Gorillaz.
>>
>>72862934
After Demon Days it stopped being a fun project with cartoon characters and became more of a pet project. I think an issue with somebody working on multiple projects is that it's sometimes hard to keep the project true to itself and not mix it up with your own personal projects.
>>
Too many collaborations. They seemed to be sprinkled in perfectly the first two albums and then after that it became a clusterfuck of ideas
>>
>>72863702
lol no, Plastic Beach is way more fun than Demon Days.
>>
>>72862934
it sounds terrible, but I think we are going to forget about the gorillaz in about 10 years anyway. its no use stating when they went downhill, if there is not going to be a mountain there in the future
>>
Because trip hop is dead and no one is willing to give it a second chance
>>
>>72863533
>Gorillaz has been one of my top 5 favorite bands since I first got really into music
You never got really into music
>>
>>72863355
DD is worse than PB and s/t
>>
>>72863178
Except demon days was one of the greatest albums of the past decade and it still holds
>>
>>72866353
this. did anon get into music last week?
>>
>>72863533
Dubs speak.

I love Gorillaz to death but I don't get the obsession with Demon Days either. I think it's probably because DD was the first Gorillaz album that most milennials actually got to experience as it happened, whereas the debut was much more of a Gen X album at the time.

Both s/t and Plastic Beach are better than Demon Days for sure. The debut was a better album, Beach had their strongest individual songs.
>>
>>72862934
Damon probably doesn't want to do it anymore, but his label probably force him into making more alums and it's the only place he'll get money to do what he wants to do. He's probably just doing it for a pay day, then putting that money into his African collaborations, which he seems more enthusiastic about.
>>
File: 150.jpg (239KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
239KB, 800x800px
For > 30:

Cognitive ability decrease with age.
>>
>>72867955
plus we're talking about an ex-drug addict here
>pre-existing damage
>>
>>72867035
"No"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.