[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album fucked my mind.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 312CETJND9L.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
312CETJND9L.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Basically I just listened to Confield by Autechre and it is the most horrifying yet addictve music I've ever heard. I listened to this with no experience in idm or the duo whatsoever and it gave me the most numbing experience possibe. It resides somewhere between the sound computers make when emulating the most haunting human emotions and images through a barrage of odd electronic drum patterns and melodies with chords that give off the errieness of a buzzing lightbulb in an occupied city where you're the only person in it and you're trapped in an electronic prison you can't leave.
>>
lol confield is entry level as fuck, not even their weirdest album (listen to untilted and exai)
>>
I agree that Autechre is the finest at what they do, outside of maybe Coil.
>>
>>72860654
wouldn't really compare coil and autechre tho, incredibly different bands but both are still great
>>
>>72860654
>>72860671
Yeah, I don't get the Coil comparison, though maybe that's because I haven't listened to them much?

Unless you're saying Coil is good at something to the same degree that Autechre is good at doing something else, maybe you're right, but then you've done a very bad job at wording your sentence. They're both good groups though, I'll give you that at least.
>>
File: 1333671555256.jpg (64KB, 812x677px) Image search: [Google]
1333671555256.jpg
64KB, 812x677px
>>72860752
>Unless you're saying Coil is good at something to the same degree that Autechre is good at doing something

Manipulating glitchy electronics of course! Both artists have a commanding use of psychedelic magick. They almost released a collaboration.
>>
>>72860853
Has anyone listened to Autechre high?
>>
>>72860917
Oversteps came out around the time I was doing serious amounts of nitrous and acid, so I was quite partial to that and their Garbage EP whenever I was tripping.
>>
>>72860609
That's my favorite album, glad you liked it

Go backwards if you want some more accessible stuff, go forwards for just as weird if not weirder. They don't have a single dud in their discography, though Quaristice comes close, and even then it seems to be their most polarizing album.
>>
>>72860628
Who cares if it's "entry-level"? Nothing else sounds quite like it.
>>
>>72861041
I'm with you on that.
>>
File: wake me up wake me up inside.jpg (77KB, 537x871px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up wake me up inside.jpg
77KB, 537x871px
rob is my husbando tee bee aytch
>>
>>72861041
nah, try Bayle or Parmegiani

This was almost 20 years before Confield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSEtGhHLyw
>>
I agree, Confield is on another level entirely. Truly the most insane and haunting audio experience going, I like your description.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.