[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RHCP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 960.jpg (24KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
24KB, 960x540px
So what are they /mu/? Good/bad/ok/overrated/underrated?
Personally I think they are overrated outside of this site, but underrated on here. I think their music is fun as fuck, but I wouldn't call them the best band ever.
>>
>music is fun
Also stop stalking me.
>>
All their 90s output is GOAT alternative rock, especially Blood Sugar
>>
They were amazing with John.
The last album with Slovak was great but had no right to be considering all the shit.
The Navarro album was great too. Shit at first but once you listen to it, it's really good.

And with Josh they are just "good". It's funny how an album of singles is better than their actual releases. Yes he's a good guitarist but he's changed so much of the sound it's unreal. Plus you don't get that otherworldly John voice backing up anymore.

They can still play, but they're soft as fuck and they lack the ability to be hugely memorable while being that soft. Venice Queen for example was absolutely huge, but none of the new stuff can capture that. And even when they pretend they still have hard rock songs, it just isn't the same. Though Goodbye Hooray gets a pass for the bass solo.
>>
>>72859917
I miss John Frusciante, but his solo stuff is fucking great too.
>>
>>72859952
Oh yeah for sure.

Bringing up Josh though, look at something like Omission by him and John. Look at how much Josh adds to that song. Yet he doesn't bring that same feel to RHCP and it's crazy. He could, he could totally do it too, but he doesn't.
>>
>>72860142
one of my favorite songs off that album desu.
>>
>>72860203
Close, but that scream he does in Carvel edges it out.
>>
>>72860418
Whats your favorite of his solo work?
>>
>>72859568
RHCP were amazing up until Californication.
Everything after was generic dadrock.
The best RHCP was the funk.
>>
>>72860442
That album is my favorite.
My favorite song is probably Away and Anywhere.

For literal guitar solos because why not, Look On is great. Though Wayne is way better of a song than it has any right to be considering how he wrote it and it having no words.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.