[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eminem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

If he died during his pill overdose, how would he be remembered? Would people immortalize him like Tupac and Biggie?
>>
No. He waited to long and now that the fuck white people cultural appropriation trend has come in place he won't get anything more than a "fuck dat culture vulture".
>>
>>72858618

Absolutely. His prime ('97 to '04) was absolutely untouchable. His work with D12, 8 Mile, SSLP, MMLP, TES are all classics and his features and freestyles back then were fucking incredible. His storytlines, flow etc were all on point. Still bump SSLP sometimes. He'd have barely any hate unlike all the hipster hiphop heads who dislike him now cause it's "cool" to do. I still love Em though and am excited for his last album if it happens. And I think Relapse and MMLP2 are very overhated.
>>
>>72858618

Yes, because a decade ago he only put out 1 terrible album, now he has 6.
>>
File: tumblr_mhivhusNui1s40kw5o1_500.jpg (70KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhivhusNui1s40kw5o1_500.jpg
70KB, 500x585px
>>72858618

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIS FACE?! He used to look good, now he looks like he's a melting wax figure WTF NIGGA
>>
>>72858715

Well he's almost 45 now anon. Makeup can only help so much. And there are plenty of people I've seen who look much worse at his age and plus he did TONS of drugs back in the day and had a hard life...whatever. Who cares. Plus that's a bad angle/picture to be fair.
>>
>>72858655
We're talking almost a decade back, brother
>>
>>72858688
Its popular to dislike Eminem because his last good album was 13 years ago. I'm surprised its not more popular to dislike Jay-Z and Nas, its been even longer for them.
>>
>>72858618
all "old school" rappers blatantly being undeified

nobody will give a fuck about them in the 2020s,
the same will most likely apply to biggie and tupac as well.
>>
>>72858828

The relapse hate meme was over years ago anon. Plus MMLP2 is great. Come on, Rhyme or Reason, Bad Guy, Evil Twin...all awesome tracks. Rap God is fun too and very skillful if a bit overplayed. He definitely has made good music, a few meh tracks on his last few albums but they're not "bad" at all IMO, hell even recovery has some good ones
>>
>>72858871
Bad Guy and Rap God are some of the most overrated rap songs of the last 10 years desu. There's just nothing more about Eminem to be interested in, he didn't get better so he got worse. Dude can still rhyme, but he was never even a full-album kinda guy in the first place anyway.
>>
>>72858989

>but he was never even a full-album kinda guy in the first place anyway.

SSLP, MMLP, and nearly all of TES would like a word with you

Also Rap God, fair enough I get why some think its overrated (Still great lyrics and flow though)

But Bad Guy is far from overrated, I don't see enough people talking about it at all. It's lyrically and sonically mind blowing. The last verse on there is seriously crazy shit. Probably one of his best verses ever. He admits all his faults and actually responds to recent criticism which people say he never does, not to mention an amazing sequel to the classic Stan song, let me refresh your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhInVrlgcyw

Listen to this and tell ME you're not blown away.
>>
>>72859054
MMLP is the closest he ever came to a critical darling, and even that fails to make the top 20 lists of guys that put him in their top 3 MCs.

Bad Guy is incredibly heavy handed, leaves nothing to the imagination and really treats his core audience like the illiterate trailer trash they are. Its subjective and everything, but a great storyteller would have used more of those ideas in the actual story or just left them as an implication.

Also like half the songs on that album follow such a repetitive pop structure that I can hardly sit through it all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.